Sometimes in life, words of wisdom have a way of sinking into your brain and changing your life for the better.
Words of wisdom are helpful to anyone looking to get inspired through words that are as powerful as they are meaningful.
They offer solace, clarity, and profound insights into the art of living.
Let us know your favorite words of wisdom quotes in the comment section below.
You may also enjoy our article on:
What are the benefits of reading these words of wisdom?
Learning from others can be a great way to realize our dreams and avoid making common mistakes.
These impactful words of wisdom will:
- Inspire you to dig deeper
- Increase your sense of purpose
- Help you learn to cope with challenges
Inspirational quotes play a meaningful role in helping us realize our potential.
We’re counting down the ten most motivational wisdom quotes for students and workers.
Words of wisdom to bring out the best in you
1. “The best way out is always through.”- Robert Frost
When caught up in an unseemly situation, we usually look for the easy way out. And unfortunately, procrastination is the natural response. This quote serves us with a reminder that perhaps the best route is going “through” the problem, rather than around it. As a result, you find that good things begin to happen when you cease to delay and beat about the bush and take matters into your hand to resolve it.
You will also enjoy our article on morning quotes.
2. Carpe Diem – Latin Proverb
Coined in 23 BC by Horace, the term is derived from a poem in the Odes (book 1, number 11), and means “Seize the moment”. The Latin term over the years has evolved into the most quoted Latin phrase because of its implications to capture life’s opportunity and live life to the fullest!
You will also enjoy our article on bridge quotes.
3. “Always Do What You Are Afraid To Do” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
In each of our lives, there is this one person – if not ourselves – who holds us back in accomplishing our dreams. What better feeling to prove that every person is wrong by conquering your worst fears and doubts.
You will also enjoy our article on deep quotes.
Words of wisdom to help you fulfill your potential
4. “Believe and act as if it were impossible to fail.” – Charles Kettering
Believe that it is absolutely impossible to fail, and you might just start acting as per your thinking as well! In spite of the worries that things may not work out, believe in its possibility, and your actions will reflect this positivity too!
You will also enjoy our article on sky quotes.
5. “Keep steadily before you the fact that all true success depends at last upon yourself.” – Theodore T. Hunger
Hunter tells us about how ultimately, our success and failure comes down to us- our hard work, our tenacity, and our perseverance.
You will also enjoy our article on November quotes.
6. “The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.” – Lao Tzu
Your goal may be big, and at times, it may seem impossible and difficult. You will feel like you’re failing and you’re not getting anywhere. But perseverance, belief and conviction in those small steps that you’re taking towards those goals is what you need to be confident about. Consistently follow your life mission, one step at a time, no matter how small the step may be.
Also check out these amazing American Dream quotes to motivate you.
Words of wisdom to help unlock your full potential
7. “Opportunity is always knocking. The problem is that most people have the self-doubt station in their heads turned up way too loud to hear it” – Brian Vaszily
This funny motivational quote by Vaszily succinctly describes how we are the biggest enemies of ourselves, standing in the way of our success and accomplishments. Either we do not understand out true potential, or we begin to doubt our skills. It’s time to put aside all the worries to focus on what and how we can achieve excellence.
You will also enjoy our article on rare inspirational quotes.
8. “You must be the change you wish to see in the world.” – Gandhi
Every day we see the violence around us. While there is very little that we can do, the Indian political leader says it best. Start with the man in the mirror. Be the change you want to see within others. While you can’t influence the world, you can be a better human, and become the testament of the change.
You will also enjoy our article on wise quotes about love.
9. “Tough times never last, but tough people do.” – Dr. Robert Schuller
As the weather gets harsher and tougher, it’s time to brace yourself! The difficult times are simply temporary, but it is due to those tough and difficult times that you are stronger today. The best part is that you are now tougher today than you were yesterday! And more importantly, you got through it all. Celebrate your strength!
10. “You must not only aim right, but draw the bow with all your might.” – Henry David Thoreau
So you’re focused and know exactly what you want? It’s not enough. Thoreau tells us through a beautifully accurate metaphor how it’s not just enough to know the right direction, but also do everything possible to get to the finish line!
If you’re enjoying this article, make sure to also check out these wise sayings about life to expand your understanding.
Words of wisdom to inspire and motivate you
11. “Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.” – Elbert Hubbard
You will also enjoy our article on socrates quotes.
12. “Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create the fact.” – William James
You will also enjoy our article on finish strong quotes.
13. “I’m always doing things I can’t do. That’s how I get to do them.” – Pablo Picasso
You will also enjoy our article on Navy quotes
14. “There are three constants in life…change, choice and principles.” –Stephen Covey
You will also enjoy our article on quotes tough times.
15. “It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.” – Andre Gide
You will also enjoy our article on good man quotes.
16. “We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.” – Winston Churchill
You will also enjoy our article on confucius quotes.
17. “You must never be fearful about what you are doing when it is right.” – Rosa Parks
You will also enjoy our article on quotes about choices.
18. “Strive not to be a success but rather to be of value.” – Albert Einstein
You will also enjoy our article on introduction quotes.
19. “The best revenge is massive success.” – Frank Sinatra
You will also enjoy our article on motivational.
20. “The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.” – Thomas Paine
You will also enjoy our article on two-word quotes.
21. “Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later.” – Og Mandino
You will also enjoy our article on dream quotes.
22. “You can never plan the future by the past.” —Edmund Burke
You will also enjoy our article on Latin quotes.
23. “He who has a why to live can bear almost any how.” —Friedrich Nietzsche
You will also enjoy our article on time flies quotes.
24. “Lost time is never found again.” —Benjamin Franklin
25. “In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on.” —Robert Frost
Don’t also forget to read these memorable Uncle Iroh quotes celebrating his endless wisdom.
Words of wisdom to broaden your thoughts
26. “In the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.” – Abraham Lincoln
You will also enjoy our article on knowledge quotes.
27. “No” simply means begin again at one level higher.” – Peter Diamandis
28. “Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear.” – George Addair
29. “Do what you have to do until you can do what you want to do.” – Oprah Winfrey
30. “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.” – Helen Keller
31. “Everyone has inside them a piece of good news. The good news is you don’t know how great you can be! How much you can love! What you can accomplish! And what your potential is.” – Anne Frank
32. “Soon, when all is well, you’re going to look back on this period of your life and be so glad that you never gave up.” – Brittany Burgunder
33. “It is time for us all to stand and cheer for the doer, the achiever – the one who recognizes the challenges and does something about it.” – Vince Lombardi
34. “The first step toward success is taken when you refuse to be a captive of the environment in which you first find yourself.” – Mark Caine
35. “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” – Thomas A. Edison
Words of wisdom to elevate your perspective
36. “When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don’t adjust the goals, adjust the action steps.” – Confucius
37. “Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced.” – Soren Kierkegaard
38. “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” – Nelson Mandela
39. “Life is ten percent what happens to you and ninety percent how you respond to it.” – Lou Holtz
40. “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you’ve imagined.” – Henry David Thoreau
41. “There is more to life than increasing its speed.” – Mahatma Gandhi
42. “The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man’s determination.” – Tommy Lasorda
43. “Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.” – John F. Kennedy
44. “No one can compete with you on being you. Most of life is a search for who and what needs you the most.” – Naval Ravikant
45. “If you don’t design your own life plan, chances are you’ll fall into someone else’s plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much.” – Jim Rohn
If you’re enjoying this article, make sure also to check our collection of eyes quotes that will intrigue you to look past what you see.
Words of wisdom to enlighten you
46. “Work hard, be kind, and amazing things will happen.” – Conan O’Brien
47. “The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.” – Alice Walker
48. “The greatest day in your life and mine is when we take total responsibility for our attitudes. That’s the day we truly grow up.” – John C. Maxwell
49. “My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.” – Maya Angelou
50. “What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds.” – Wayne Dyer
51. “Press forward. Do not stop, do not linger in your journey, but strive for the mark set before you.” – George Whitefield
52. “Show the world how much you’ll fight for the winners circle.” – Pat Riley
53. “It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light.” – Aristotle Onassis
54. “Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot. Make it hot by striking.” – William Butler Yeats
55. “If you hear a voice within you say ‘you cannot paint,’ then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.” – Vincent Van Gogh
You might also like these wise Native American quotes on community, respect, and more.
Words of wisdom to live by
56. “Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.” — Albert Einstein
57. “Don’t compromise yourself. You are all you’ve got. There is no yesterday, no tomorrow, it’s all the same day.” – Janis Joplin
58. “A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.” — George Bernhard Shaw
59. “If you have knowledge, let others light their candles in it.” – Margaret Fuller
60. “He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.” — Michel De Montaigne
61. “Forget about the fast lane. If you really want to fly, just harness your power to your passion.” – Oprah Winfrey
62. “Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.” — Confucius
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of simple quotes that will help you live a simply beautiful life.
63. “The opinion which other people have of you is their problem, not yours.” – Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
64. “If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change the way you think about it.” — Mary Engelbreit
65. “You are more powerful than you know; you are beautiful just as you are.” – Melissa Etheridge
Words of wisdom to elevate your mind
66. “The only way to achieve the impossible is to believe it is possible.” —Charles Kingsleigh
67. “You’ve got to get up every morning with determination if you’re going to go to bed with satisfaction.” — George Lorimer
68. “Man is only truly great when he acts from the passions; never irresistible but when he appeals to the imagination.” —Benjamin Disraeli
69. “Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you’ll be able to see further.” —Thomas Carlyle
70. “When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.” —Paulo Coelho
71. “The individual who says it is not possible should move out of the way of those doing it.” —Tricia Cunningham
72. “We must believe that we are gifted for something and that this thing must be attained.” —Marie Curie
73. “Build your own dreams or someone else will hire you to build theirs.” —Farrah Gray
74. “Sometimes the fall kills you. And sometimes, when you fall, you fly.” —Neil Gaiman
75. “Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.” —Earl Nightingale
Words of wisdom that will change the way you think
76. “Learn to light a candle in the darkest moments of someone’s life. Be the light that helps others see; it is what gives life its deepest significance.”― Roy T. Bennett
77. “I believe in only one thing, the power of human will.”― Joseph Stalin
78. “Laughter is poison to fear.”― George R.R. Martin
79. “A wise warrior learns from her mistakes.”― Leigh Bardugo
80. “Begin, be bold, and venture to be wise.”― Horace
81. “The well-bred contradict other people. the wise contradict themselves.”― Oscar Wilde
82. “I don’t fancy colors of the face, I’m always attracted to colors of the brain.”― Michael Bassey Johnson
83. “I don’t agree that when you love, you are blind or fool. You just get wiser and see clearer what is best and of worth.”― Hark Herald Sarmiento
84. “Like a missing tooth, sometimes an absence is more noticeable than a presence.”― Jodi Picoult
85. “Love the people who love you back.”― Laura Ruby
Words of wisdom to inspire you to greatness
86. “It’s the questions we can’t answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question and he’ll look for his own answers.”― Patrick Rothfuss
87. “Whatever choice you make makes you. Choose wisely.”― Roy T. Bennett
88. “Dieting is the only game where you win when you lose!”― Karl Lagerfeld
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Karl Lagerfeld quotes that will make you see the art in life.
89. “No matter how tiny you look, you can lead huge men if you have what the huge men don’t have.”― Michael Bassey Johnson
90. “I criticize by creation, not by finding fault.”― Marcus Tullius Cicero
91. “Faith keeps our ships moving, while empathy and the memories of our experiences lead to wisdom.”― Suzy Kassem
92. “The wisest men follow their own direction.”― Euripides
93. “Make your lives a masterpiece, you only get one canvas.”― E.A. Bucchianeri
94. “The weak are dominated by their ego, the wise dominate their ego, and the intelligent are in a constant struggle against their ego.”― Hamza Yusuf
95. “The choice to make good choices is the best choice you can choose. Fail to make that choice and on most choices you will lose.”― Ryan Lilly
If you’re enjoying this collection of quotes, then you’ll love our collection of short inspirational quotes that will help you remain positive and optimistic.
Words of wisdom to empower you
96. “Don’t be pushed around by the fears in your mind. Be led by the dreams in your heart.”― Roy T. Bennett
97. “Circumstances are the rulers of the weak; they are but the instruments of the wise.”― Samuel Lover
98. “Letting go means to come to the realization that some people are a part of your history, but not a part of your destiny.”― Steve Maraboli
99. “Action may not always bring happiness, but there is no happiness without action. ”― William James
100. “The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.”― Confucius
101. “You have to accept whatever comes, and the only important thing is that you meet it with the best you have to give.”― Eleanor Roosevelt
102. “Without ambition one starts nothing. Without work one finishes nothing. The prize will not be sent to you. You have to win it.”― Ralph Waldo Emerson
If you’re enjoying these quotes, read our collection of ambition quotes to set your sights sky high.
103. “In the end, you have to choose whether or not to trust someone.”― Sophie Kinsella
104. “Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.”― Pablo Picasso
105. “Don’t fear failure. — Not failure, but low aim, is the crime. In great attempts it is glorious even to fail.”― Bruce Lee
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Bruce Lee quotes from the iconic actor and fighter.
Powerful words of wisdom
106. “Pursue what catches your heart, not what catches your eyes.”― Roy T. Bennett
107. “Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve.”― Napoleon Hill
108. “Lack of direction, not lack of time, is the problem. We all have twenty-four hour days.”― Zig Ziglar
109. “You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with.”― Jim Rohn
110. “The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.”― Arthur C. Clarke
111. “Only he who attempts the absurd is capable of achieving the impossible.”― Miguel de Unamuno
112. “Change the way you look at things and the things you look at change.”― Wayne W. Dyer
113. “Don’t wish it were easier. Wish you were better.”― Jim Rohn
114. “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.”― Helen Keller
115. “I cannot let the fear of the past color the future.”― Julie Kagawa
116. “Common sense is genius dressed in its working clothes.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson
117. “Don’t settle for what life gives you; make life better and build something.” — Ashton Kutcher
118. “You never really learn much from hearing yourself speak.” ― George Clooney
119. “Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears.” – Les Brown
120. “The best way to predict your future is to create it.” — Abraham Lincoln
You might also like these demotivational quotes celebrating your uninspired side.
Inspirational words of wisdom
121. “We generate fears while we sit. We overcome them by action.” — Dr. Henry Link
122. “Enjoy your sweat because hard work doesn’t guarantee success, but without it, you don’t have a chance.” — Alex Rodriguez
123. “Success depends upon previous preparation, and without such preparation, there is sure to be failure.” — Confucius
124. “Opportunities don’t happen. You create them.” — Chris Grosser
125. “Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.” — Jim Ryun
126. “Rarely have I seen a situation where doing less than the other guy is a good strategy.” — Jimmy Spithill
127. “Only put off until tomorrow what you are willing to die having left undone.” — Pablo Picasso
128. “If you look at what you have in life, you’ll always have more. If you look at what you don’t have in life, you’ll never have enough.” — Oprah Winfrey
129. “Do what you can with all you have, wherever you are.” — Theodore Roosevelt
130. “What seems to us as bitter trials are often blessings in disguise.” — Oscar Wilde
Words of wisdom about change
131. “Play to your strengths. If you aren’t great at something, do more of what you’re great at.” – Jason Lemkin
132. “Change before you have to.” – Jack Welch
133. “Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” – Leo Tolstoy
134. “Since we cannot change reality, let us change the eyes which see reality.” – Nikos Kazantzakis
135. “To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.” – Winston Churchill
136. “The measure of intelligence is the ability to change.” – Albert Einstein
137. “The secret of change is to focus all of your energy not on fighting the old, but on building the new.” – Socrates
138. “I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples.” – Mother Teresa
139. “There is nothing permanent except change.” – Heraclitus
140. “Change is inevitable. Growth is optional.” – John C. Maxwell
Words of wisdom you won’t forget
141. “Do what is right, not what is easy nor what is popular.” —Roy T. Bennett
142. “The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision.” —Helen Keller
143. “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.” —Arthur Ashe
144. “Do one thing every day that scares you.” —Eleanor Roosevelt
145. “By changing nothing, nothing changes.” —Tony Robbins
146. “We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.” —Oscar Wilde
147. “You can, you should, and if you’re brave enough to start, you will.” —Stephen King
148. “Your big opportunity may be right where you are standing right now.” —Napoleon Hill
149. “For every minute you are angry, you lose sixty seconds of happiness.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson
150. “There are far better things ahead than any we leave behind.” —C.S. Lewis
More words of wisdom
151. “Optimism is the one quality more associated with success and happiness than any other.”- Brian Tracy
152. “It is our attitude at the beginning of a difficult task which, more than anything else, will affect its successful outcome.” – William James
153. “People who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.”- Rob Siltanen
154. “We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” – Joseph Campbell
155. “Happiness is not something readymade. It comes from your own actions.”- Dalai Lama
156. “Happiness is not by chance, but by choice.” – Jim Rohn
157. “All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.”- Walt Disney
158. “If I cannot do great things, I can do small things in a great way.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
159. “I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.” – Jimmy Dean
160. “The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
Words of wisdom you need to live by
161. “Spread love everywhere you go.” — Mother Teresa
162. “Out of the mountain of despair, a stone of hope.” — Martin Luther King Jr.
163. “Nothing is impossible. The word itself says ‘I’m possible!’” — Audrey Hepburn
164. “When you have a dream, you’ve got to grab it and never let go.” — Carol Burnett
165. “The bad news is time flies. The good news is you’re the pilot.” — Michael Altshuler
166. “You define your own life. Don’t let other people write your script.” — Oprah Winfrey
167. “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” — Malala Yousafzai
168. “You can be everything. You can be the infinite amount of things that people are.” — Kesha
169. “Keep your face always toward the sunshine, and shadows will fall behind you.” — Walt Whitman
170. “Do not allow people to dim your shine because they are blinded. Tell them to put some sunglasses on.” — Lady Gaga
Short words of wisdom quotes
171. “Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.” — Jim Rohn
172. “Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
173. “O, what a tangled web we weave when first we practise to deceive!” — Walter Scott
174. “If you don’t know where you are going, any road will get you there.” — Lewis Carroll
175. “Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.” — Will Rogers
176. “He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.” — Jim Elliot
177. “What happens is not as important as how you react to what happens.” — Ellen Glasgow
178. “There are many ways of going forward, but only one way of standing still.” — Franklin D. Roosevelt
179. “The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.” — William Arthur Ward
180. “A man must be big enough to admit his mistakes, smart enough to profit from them, and strong enough to correct them.” — John C. Maxwell
Words of wisdom about progress
181. “If there is no struggle, there is no progress.” – Frederick Douglass
182. “A little progress every day adds up to big results.” – Satya
183. “The world hates change, yet it is the only thing that has brought progress.” – Charles Kettering
184. “Progress is not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be.” – Khalil Gibran
185. “Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.” – George Bernard Shaw
186. “Failure is success in progress.” – Albert Einstein
187. “Success is steady progress toward one’s personal goals.” – Jim Rohn
188. “Some quit due to slow progress. Never grasping the fact that slow progress is progress.” – Jeff Olson
189. “Progress comes with practice, and practice comes with purpose. Know your “why.”” – Melissa Steginus
190. “Whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.” – Martin Luther King
Motivational words of wisdom
191. “Do the scary thing first and get scared later.”― Lemony Snicket
192. “Don’t work to hard on appearing to be right, but on being right.”― Yuri van der Sluis
193. “Your mistakes can give you best lessons.”― Brajesh Kumar Singh
194. “You have to have drive and commitment – as well as an honest sense of what is and isn’t possible.”― Marcus Luttrell
195. “Look for the miracles in every moment.”― Lailah Gifty Akita
196. “If the journey wasnt challenging the destination wouldn’t be rewarding.
It’s the challenge that makes it great”― Foster Mkhabele
197. “There is no hurdle too high for you to jump over.”― Michael H. Forde
198. “Discipline is the bridge between goals and reality.”― Rodman Lu
199. “No man is a failure, for only he must not quit.”― Davinder Pahra
200. “You don’t know what happiness lies before you yet, you are now only in the commencement of your journey.”― Anne Brontë
Words of wisdom about life
201. “It is intuitive that people who smile and cut out negativity from their life will live longer, healthier lives.” – Deena B. Chopra
202. “Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission.” —Eleanor Roosevelt
203. “Life doesn’t exist to meet our expectations.” – Jerry Dorsman and Bob Davis, How to Achieve Peace of Mind
204. “Take into account that great love and great achievements involve great risk.” —Dalai Lama
205. “Living a more positive life comes down to attitude and action.” – Catherine Pulsifer
206. “He that respects himself is safe from others.” —Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
207. “Life is a learning process, and you have the opportunity to make a change right here and now.” – Lori Hill, 5 Gifts to Give Yourself
208. “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” —Mark Twain
209. “Life is defined more by its risks than by its samenesses.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
210. “There are many ways of going forward, but only one way of standing still.” —Franklin D. Roosevelt
Deep words of wisdom
211. “Don’t waste your time with explanations, people only hear what they want to hear.” – Paulo Coelho
212. “It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it.”― Maurice Switzer
213. “Pain can change you, but that doesn’t mean it has to be a bad change. Take that pain and turn it into wisdom.” – Dalai Lama
214. “Count your age by friends, not years. Count your life by smiles, not tears.”― John Lennon
215. “If we manage ego wisely, we get the upside it delivers followed by strong returns.” – Dave Marcum
216. “Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right.” ― Isaac Asimov
217. “For me, a sense of prosperity often comes with less rather than more.” – Lori Hill
218. “Let no man pull you so low as to hate him.”― Martin Luther King Jr.
219. “I not only use all the brains that I have but all that I can borrow.” – Woodrow Wilson
220. “You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.”― Sharon Salzberg
Words Of Wisdom To Sharpen Your Wit
221. “The capacity to learn is a gift; The ability to learn is a skill; The willingness to learn is a choice.” — Brian Herbert
222. “A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.” — Bruce Lee
223. “You don’t get character because you’re successful; you build character because of the hardships you face.” — Herman Edwards
224. “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” — Confucius
225. “When the wisdom speaks, be silent. Do not waste your candle when the sun is there.” — Mehmet Murat Ildan
226. “If small things have the power to disturb you, then who you think you are is exactly that: small.” — Eckhart Tolle
227. “A person’s tongue can give you the taste of his heart.” — Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya
228. “You never know what is enough unless you know what is more than enough.” — William Blake
229. “True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us.” — Socrates
230. “In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” — Thomas Jefferson
Words of Wisdom To Give You Joy in What You Do
231. “Joy comes not through possession or ownership but through a wise and loving heart.” — Gautama Buddha
232. “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.” — Marcus Tullius Cicero
233. “Control your destiny or somebody will.” — Jack Welch
234. “Conquering others requires force. Conquering oneself requires strength.” — Laozi
235. “We must enhance the light, not fight the darkness.” — A. D. Gordon
236. “Don’t stumble over something behind you.” — Seneca the Younger
237. “It’s less about what you do and more about who you are doing it with.” — Joseph Gordon-Levitt
238. “To enjoy the rainbow, first enjoy the rain.” — Paulo Coelho
239. “Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.” — Seneca the Younger
240. “What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.” — Zig Ziglar
Words of Wisdom to Improve Your Thinking
241. “You’ve heard that it’s wise to learn from experience, but it is wiser to learn from the experience of others.” ― Rick Warren
242. “Self-improvement and success go hand in hand. Taking the steps to make yourself a better and more well-rounded individual will prove to be a wise decision.” ― Frank Long
243. “The wise man hath his thoughts in his head; the fool, on his tongue.” ― Ivan Panin
244. “We are made wise not by the recollection of our past, but by the responsibility for our future.” ― George Bernard Shaw
245. “Knowing others is intelligence; knowing yourself is true wisdom. Mastering others is strength; mastering yourself is true power.” ― Lao Tzu
246. “Wisdom is not a product of schooling but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it.” ― Albert Einstein
247. “Silence is the sleep that nourishes wisdom.” ― Francis Bacon
248. “It is said that wisdom lies not in seeing things, but seeing through things.” ― Manly P. Hall
249. “Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness.” ― Sophocles
250. “To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom.” ― Bertrand Russell
Words of Wisdom To Live In The Moment
251. “Neither can the wave that has passed by be recalled, nor the hour which has passed return again.” ― Ovid
252. “Reserve your right to think, for even to think wrongly is better than not to think at all.” ― Hypatia
253. “The more you know the less you need to say.” ― Jim Rohn
254. “To understand the heart and mind of a person, look not at what he has already achieved, but at what he aspires to.” ― Khalil Gibran
255. “What you do to-day that is worthwhile, inspires others to act at some future time.” ― Marcus Garvey
256. “It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” ― Aristotle
257. “Happiness belongs to the self sufficient.” ― Aristotle
258. “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
259. “Most good things have been said far too many times and just need to be lived.” ― Shane Claiborne
260. “It’s never too late to learn.” ― Malcolm Forbes
Words of Wisdom To Sharpen Your Wit
261. “Easy to do are things that are bad and harmful to oneself. But exceedingly difficult to do are things that are good and beneficial.” ― Gautama Buddha
262. “The greatest way to live with honor in this world is to be what we pretend to be.” ― Socrates
263. “Do not give your attention to what others do or fail to do; give it to what you do or fail to do.” ― Gautama Buddha
264. “The real destroyer of inner peace is fear and distrust. Fear develops frustration, frustration develops anger, anger develops violence.” ― Dalai Lama
265. “Joy comes not through possession or ownership but through a wise and loving heart.” ― Gautama Buddha
266. “You are never alone or helpless. The force that guides the stars guides you too.” ― Prabhat Ranjan Sarkar
267. “Never does any pride enter the heart of a man except that his intelligence decreases by the same amount.” ― Muhammad al-Baqir
268. “Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety.” ― Plato
269. “Honour may not win power, but it wins respect. And respect earns power.” ― Ishida Mitsunari
270. “When I have listened to my mistakes, I have grown.” ― Hugh Prather
Words of Wisdom Quotes to Illuminate Your Path
271. “You may never know what results come of your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results.” ― Mahatma Gandhi
272. “Don’t waste your time on jealousy. Sometimes you’re ahead, sometimes you’re behind. The race is long, and in the end, it’s only with yourself.” ― Baz Luhrmann
273. “Outward Peace is useless without inner Peace.” ― Mahatma Gandhi
274. “The best preparation for good work tomorrow is to do good work today.” ― Elbert Hubbard
275. “Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable.” ― Sydney J. Harris
276. “Crying with the wise is better than laughing with the fool.” ― Gautama Buddha
277. “Make failure your teacher, not your undertaker.” ― Zig Ziglar
278. “It is under the greatest adversity that there exists the greatest potential for doing good, both for oneself and others.” ― Dalai Lama
279. “Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.” ― Robert Louis Stevenson
280. “The object of knowledge is what exists and its function to know about reality.” ― Plato
Words of Wisdom Quotes to Navigate Life’s Journey
281. “It is a most miserable thing to feel ashamed of home.” ― Charles Dickens
282. “If youre going to play the game properly, youd better know every rule.” ― Barbara Jordan
283. “The only way to get what you want is to make them more afraid of you than they are of each other.” ― Cinda Williams Chima
284. “Quit being so hard on yourself. We are what we are; we love what we love. We don’t need to justify it to anyone… not even to ourselves.” ― Scott Lynch
285. “You CAN have it all. You just can’t have it all at once.” ― Oprah Winfrey
286. “If you try you may fail, if you don’t try you’re guaranteed to fail.” ― Jesse Jackson
287. “The simplest and most obvious cause which can there be assigned for any phenomena, is probably the true one.” ― David Hume
288. “Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery.” ― Malcolm X
289. “Reality is where your consciousness is located.” ― Nevill Drury
290. “Follow your instincts. That’s where true wisdom manifests itself.” ― Oprah Winfrey
Which of these words of wisdom was your favorite?
We hope that one, or even all, of these words of wisdom quotes, will serve you well and inspire you to seize every day.
Did you enjoy these motivational quotes?
Which of the quotes was your favorite?
Tell us in the comment section below.
And don’t forget to share this collection with someone in your life who can benefit from them, too!
Read up on various ways to develop your personality and improve life.