The Sandlot quotes below feature some of the funniest moments from the movie.
The Sandlot is a classic coming-of-age sports film that has inspired generations of kids to pick up a baseball bat.
The film follows a group of neighborhood kids during one eventful summer in the 1960s.
Its memorable ensemble cast includes Tom Guiry as Scotty Smalls, Patrick Renna as Hamilton “Ham” Porter, and Mike Vitar as Benny “The Jet” Rodriguez.
The movie has had such a large cultural impact that it inspired two sequels and several merchandise and memorabilia.
For those who grew up in the 90s or earlier, The Sandlot holds a special place in their hearts as a movie that defined their childhoods and encapsulates summer’s essence.
For younger generations, it provides a glimpse into a different time and place and the spirit of innocence and adventure that once characterized childhood.
The Sandlot was directed by David Mickey Evans and written by Robert Gunter and Evans.
It was released on April 7, 1993, and generally received positive reviews from critics.
On Rotten Tomatoes, it has an average rating of 6.1 out of 10.
What are the benefits of reading these The Sandlot quotes?
There are several lessons we can learn from these The Sandlot quotes:
- Show up and try, and don’t overthink things
- Be nice to the new kid and don’t be afraid to befriend people
- Use your imagination and face your fears
The Sandlot is a must-watch for anyone who loves baseball, coming-of-age stories, or simply a good old-fashioned adventure.
Laugh along with the gang from this 90s family movie below!
Don’t forget to check out these hilarious Schitt’s Creek quotes from the Emmy-Winning comedy.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Check out our inspirational quotes category page for more inspirational life quotes.
Memorable Sandlot Quotes
1. “You’re killin’ me, Smalls!” – Hamilton “Ham” Porter (Patrick Renna)
You will also enjoy our article on funny sister quotes.
2. “Man, base up you blockheads!” – Benny “The Jet” Rodriguez (Mike Vitar)
You will also enjoy our article on Remember the Titans quotes.
3. “Maybe the shock of his first Homer was just too much for him.” – Scotty Smalls (David Mickey Evans)
4. “Quiet. Are you trying to wake it up? It just went to bed.” – Michael “Squints” Palledorous (Chauncey Leopardi)
5. “Baseball was life! And I was good at it… real good.” – Mr. Mertle (James Earl Jones)
6. “You call that pitching? This is baseball! Not tennis!” – Hamilton “Ham” Porter (Patrick Renna)
7. “What are you laughing at Yeah-Yeah? You run like a duck.” – Benny “The Jet” Rodriguez (Mike Vitar)
8. “I haven’t had anything yet, so how can I have some more of nothing?” – Scotty Smalls (David Mickey Evans)
9. “About time, Benny, my clothes are goin’ outta style.” – Michael “Squints” Palledorous (Chauncey Leopardi)
10. “God, he looks like a dead fish.” – Bertram Grover Weeks (Grant Gelt)
The Sandlot quotes from Hamilton “Ham” Porter (Patrick Renna)
11. “You know, if my dog was as ugly as you. I’d shave his butt and tell him to walk backward.” – Hamilton “Ham” Porter (Patrick Renna)
12. “You mix your Wheaties with your mama’s toe jam!” – Hamilton “Ham” Porter (Patrick Renna)
13. “Come on! We’ll take you on, right here! Right now! Come on!” – Hamilton “Ham” Porter (Patrick Renna)
14. “This pop isn’t workin’, Benny! I’m bakin’ like a toasted cheese-it! It’s so hot here!” – Hamilton “Ham” Porter (Patrick Renna)
15. “Hurry up batter. It’s gotta be a short game, then I gotta get home for lunch.” – Hamilton “Ham” Porter (Patrick Renna)
16. “Is that your sister out there in left field, naked? She’s naked?” – Hamilton “Ham” Porter (Patrick Renna)
17. “Hey, hey. I’m just trying to have a little friendly conversation.” – Hamilton “Ham” Porter (Patrick Renna)
The Sandlot quotes from Scotty Smalls (Tom Guiry, David Mickey Evans)
18. “Come on, Squints. You can do it! Pull through, bud!” – Scotty Smalls (David Mickey Evans)
19. “Oh yeah, the Great Bambino. Of course! I thought you said the Great Bambi.” – Scotty Smalls (Tom Guiry)
20. “He had kissed a woman, and he had kissed her long and good.” – Scotty Smalls (David Mickey Evans)
The Sandlot quotes from others
21. “Smalls, you mean to tell me you went home, swiped a ball that was signed by Babe Ruth, brought it out here and actually played with it?” – Timmy Timmons (Victor DiMattia)
22. “That’s the way I play—100%. All the time.” – Mr. Mertle
23. “Remember kid, there’s heroes and there’s legends. Heroes get remembered but legends never die, follow your heart kid, and you’ll never go wrong.” – The Babe (Art LaFleur)
24. “So, it seems like you’re in trouble.” – Mr. Mertle
25. “Tomorrow. Noon, at our field. Be there, buffalo-butt breath.” – Phillips (Wil Horneff)
What does your community look like?
The Sandlot shines over 25 years later because of the connections and comradery between the main cast.
A strong sense of community is very important, whether between family, friends, or coworkers.
They can hold you accountable, help you talk through your problems, and support you in your time of need.
If you don’t have that community IRL, try searching for an online community.
There are many ways you can stay in contact online, including through platforms like Discord and Zoom.
Did you enjoy these The Sandlot quotes and lines?
What’s your favorite quote from this cult classic?
What’s the next movie we should feature?
Let us know your thoughts below!