Through thick and thin, your ride or die will stand by your side until the very end.
Our ride or die quotes are the perfect way to show your favorite person how much you appreciate them.
You may also enjoy our article on:
According to a study by the University of California, Berkeley, having close friendships can boost overall well-being and happiness, leading to a more fulfilling life.
Ride or die friendships, in particular, offer a deep level of support and loyalty that can be essential during difficult times.
Who’s your ride or die?
When most people picture a ride or die relationship, they picture couples.
But your ride or die could be anyone who’s always there for you.
Anybody from your best friend to your brother could be your ride or die.
They’re the people you confide in.
They know you better than anyone else and still choose to be by your side.
To celebrate ride or die relationships, we’ve collected a list of quotes about strong friendships and relationships.
They describe duos who stick it out through the rough times because their bond is unbreakable.
Have fun reading the quotes below with your ride or die!
Don’t forget to also check out these soulmate quotes and sayings to put love into words.
If you like this article, we suggest you explore our most popular quotes article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily encouragement.
Look through our complete collection of inspirational quotes here.
Ride or die quotes about sticking together
Research from the University of Chicago has found that people with strong social connections tend to live longer than those more socially isolated.
This underscores the importance of having a ride-or-die person who can provide emotional support and companionship.
1. “A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.” — Walter Winchell
You will also enjoy our article on cousin quotes.
2. “A friend is one who knows you and loves you just the same.” – Elbert Hubbard
You will also enjoy our article on girlfriend quotes.
3. “Just being there for someone can sometimes bring hope when all seems hopeless.” – Dave G. Llewelyn
You will also enjoy our article on Twin Flame Quotes.
4. “A true friend is one who overlooks your failures and tolerates your success!” – Doug Larson
You will also enjoy our article on loyalty quotes.
5. “If you love someone, the greatest gift you can give them is your presence.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
You will also enjoy our article on Archie Bunker quotes.
6. “You don’t build a bond without being present.” – James Earl Jones
You will also enjoy our article on Carlos Castaneda quotes.
7. “Absence sharpens love, presence strengthens it.” – Thomas Fuller
You will also enjoy our article on best relationship quotes.
8. “Real friends never have to tell you that they’re your friends.”– Morgan Matson
You will also enjoy our article on Henry Louis Gates Jr quotes.
9. “If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else.” – Booker T. Washington
You will also enjoy our article on Rene Descartes quotes.
10. “Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” – Helen Keller
You will also enjoy our article on follow your heart quotes.
11. “Sometimes you put walls up not to keep people out, but to see who cares enough to break them down.” – Socrates
You will also enjoy our article on break up quotes.
12. “There is no such thing as a self-made man. You will reach your goals only with the help of others.” – George Shinn
You will also enjoy our article on brotherhood quotes.
13. “The whole is other than the sum of the parts.” – Kurt Koffka
You will also enjoy our article on missing someone quotes.
14. “Individually, we are one drop. Together, we are an ocean.” – Ryunosuke Satoro
You will also enjoy our article on quotes about having fun.
15. “Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success.” – Henry Ford
Ride or die quotes for friends
A study published in the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology found that people with strong friendships have higher levels of resilience and are better able to handle stress.
Having a ride or die friend can help build this resilience and provide a sense of security and comfort.
16. “I don’t want world ride or die for me, you’re enough, and we both ride or die for each other.”- Faisal Dil
17. “A good friend keeps your secrets for you. A best friend helps you keep your own secrets.”
– Lauren Oliver
You will also enjoy our article on quotes about having fun.
18. “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” – Mahatma Gandhi
You will also enjoy our article on Hafiz quotes.
19. “Ours not to reason why, ours but to do and die.” – Alfred Lord Tennyson
You will also enjoy our article on sibling quotes.
20. “The idea is to die young as late as possible.” – Ashley Montagu
You will also enjoy our article on pet loss quotes.
21. “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.” – Mark Twain
22. “It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.” – Emiliano Zapata
23. “Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly.” – Langston Hughes
24. “I would like to die on Mars. Just not on impact.” – Elon Musk
25. “If a man has not discovered something that he will die for, he isn’t fit to live.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
26. “Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
27. “A friend can tell you things you don’t want to tell yourself.” — Frances Ward Weller
28. “Friendship is accepting a person with all their qualities — good and bad.” — Mohanlal
If you’re enjoying these quotes, read our selection of friendship quotes celebrating life-long relationships.
Ride or die quotes for lovers
29. “There is no love without forgiveness, and there is no forgiveness without love.” – Bryant H. McGill
30. “Shared joy is a double joy; shared sorrow is half a sorrow.” – Swedish Proverb
31. “No medicine is more valuable , none more efficacious, none better suited to the cure of our temporal ills than a friend to whom we may turn for consolation in time of trouble, and with whom we may share happiness in time of joy.” – Aelred of Rievaulx
32. “Behind every happy couple lies two people who have fought hard to overcome all obstacles and interferences to be that way. Why? Because it’s what they wanted.” – Kim George
33. “We are told that people stay in love because of chemistry, or because they remain intrigued with each other, because of many kindnesses, because of luck. But part of it has got to be forgiveness and gratefulness.” – Ellen Goodman
34. “Relationships last long not because they’re destined to last long. Relationships last long because two brave people made a choice. To keep it, fight for it and to work for it.” – Unknown
35. “Whatever problems arise in a romantic relationship, it’s important to face them together as a couple. If an aspect of the relationship stops working, don’t simply ignore it, but instead address it with your partner. Things change, so respond to them together as they do.” – Anne Nwakama
36. “Every relationship has its problems but what makes it perfect is when you still want to be there when everything goes wrong.” – Ritu Ghatourey
37. “Great couples still get angry with each other, but they continue to discuss until there is a solution even if it takes several days.” – Bob Grant
38. “Problems should be like speed bumps. You slow down just to get over it, but you don’t let it stop you from heading to your destination. – Sonya Parker
39. “All relationships go through bad times, but real relationships get through bad times.” – Anurag Prakash Ray
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of toxic relationships quotes that will remind you it’s time to make some big changes.
40. “Trouble is part of your life, and if you don’t share it, you don’t give the person who loves you enough chance to love you enough.” – Dinah Shore
41. “Both people need to care deeply about the other person, to put the other’s needs before their own, and to make a daily commitment to that person to stick it out.” – Alessandra Torre
42. “We don’t develop courage by being happy every day. We develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity.” – Barbara de Angelis
Ride or die quotes from celebrities
43. “Obviously I couldn’t have done anything that I’ve done without Michelle. Not only has she been a great first lady, she is just my rock. I count on her in so many ways every single day.” – Barack Obama (on wife Michelle Obama)
44. “When people ask me whether being in the White House has changed my husband, I can honestly say that when it comes to his character, and his convictions, and his heart, Barack Obama is still the same man I fell in love with all those years ago.” – Michelle Obama (on husband Barack Obama)
45. “We are, in a way, very codependent. He’s my lifeline, in an amazing way. Without him, I can’t breathe.” – David Burtka (on husband Neil Patrick Harris)
46. “There’s something kinetic about him and his being. He’s classically sexy, yet he’s very much a boy in his energy. It’s a great dynamic.” – Neil Patrick Harris (on husband David Burtka)
47. “I’m with someone who is totally secure in himself. He’s not trying to be anything other than what he is.” – Chrissy Teigen (on husband John Legend)
48. “We support each other in everything that we do and I love seeing her succeed at the things she loves to do and she loves seeing me succeed at things that I love to do. That’s the way you should be with your partner.” – John Legend (on wife Chrissy Teigen)
49. “Jada is magical. Part of why I love her is things happen in a way they shouldn’t happen, they shouldn’t go that way. She has this magical power.” – Will Smith (on wife Jada Pinkett-Smith)
50. “At the end of the day, Will and I are family. I am going to hold him down, doesn’t matter. At the end of the day, that is a man that can rely on me for the rest of his life, period.” – Jada Pinkett-Smith (on husband Will Smith)
More Ride or die quotes
51. “Loyalty and friendship, which is to me the same, created all the wealth that I’ve ever thought I’d have.” – Ernie Banks
52. “A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked.” — Bernard Meltzer
53. “I told you that no matter what you did I’d be by your side cause I’m a ride or die whether you fail or fly.” – Unknown
54. “Do not ride or die with someone who isn’t sure if they even want you to ride with them.” – Unknown
55. “I’m ready for that “ride or die” relationship, no lies, no cheating, just me & you, this thing called loyalty.” – Unknown
56. “We ride together, we fight together. Never leave each other’s side. I got your back and you got mine. I’ll follow you to whatever end.” – Unknown
57. “As long as I’m not selling out the people that ride or die with me, I’m glad I’m not an MC. I’m a motivational speaker. I’m not that rapper dude.” — Young Jeezy
58. “The only people worthy to be in your life are the ones that help you through the hard times and laugh with you after the hard time pass.” – Unknown
59. “In everyone’s life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.” — Albert Schweitzer
60. “Ride or die’ the words that control my heart. Loving you was war, right from the start. War against me, the war against you. But with both of us together, there’s nothing we couldn’t do.” – Unknown
Ride or die quotes about not fearing death
61. “We’re born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we’re not alone.” – Orson Welles
62. “Best friends don’t care if your house is clean. They care if you have wine.” — Unknown
63. “The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing…not healing, not curing…that is a friend who cares.” — Henri Nouwen
64. “Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.” – Mark Twain
65. “Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.” — Oprah Winfrey
66. “Never confuse people who are always around you, with people who are always there for you.” – Gee Linder
67. “There’s nothing more vital to the bond you share with someone than simply being there for them.” – Suman Rai
68. “I value the friend who for me finds time on his calendar, but I cherish the friend who for me does not consult his calendar.” — Robert Brault
69. “A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow.” – William Shakespeare
70. “I think if I’ve learned anything about friendship, it’s to hang in, stay connected, fight for them, and let them fight for you. Don’t walk away, don’t be distracted, don’t be too busy or tired, don’t take them for granted. Friends are part of the glue that holds life and faith together.” — Jon Katz
Ride or die quotes on what loyalty really means
71. “One loyal friend is worth ten thousand relatives.” – Euripides
72. “When people show loyalty to you, you take care of those who are with you. It’s how it goes with everything. If you have a small circle of friends, and one of those friends doesn’t stay loyal to you, they don’t stay your friend for very long.” – John Cena
73. “Confidentiality is a virtue of the loyal, as loyalty is the virtue of faithfulness.” – Edwin Louis Cole
74. “The highest prize in a world of men is the most beautiful woman available on your arm and living there in her heart loyal to you.” – Norman Mailer
75. “Animals are reliable, many full of love, true in their affections, predictable in their actions, grateful and loyal. Difficult standards for people to live up to.” – Alfred A. Montapert
76. “Where would you be without friends? We come from homes far from perfect, so you end up almost parent and sibling to your friends – your own chosen family. There’s nothing like a really loyal, dependable, good friend.” – Jennifer Aniston
77. “Making a hundred friends is not a miracle. The miracle is to make a single friend who will stand by your side even when hundreds are against you.” – John Spence
78. “A good friend will always stab you in the front.” – Oscar Wilde
79. “You can’t just give up on someone just because the situation is not ideal. Great relationships aren’t great because they have no problems. They’re great because both people care about the other person to find a way to make it work.” – Unknown
80. “A friend is one who overlooks your broken fence and admires the flowers in your garden.” — Unknown
Ride Or Die Quotes To Know Your Worth
81. “Whatever you have is gonna die and you are gonna have to rebirth something new. You have to be willing to ride the waves.” — Will Smith
82. “Live free, ride free, die free.” — Tillie Cole
83. “Ask me no questions, and I will tell you no lies.” — Rabindranath Tagore
84. “Real isn’t who’s with you at your celebration, real is who’s standing next to you at rock bottom.” — Christopher Ferry
85. “Ride or die is a kind of love where you use jazz hands and pelvis thrusts in one dance.” — C. Camaron
86. “We’re not here to take part. We’re here to take over.” – Conor McGregor
87. “I’m going to fight. I’m going to fight for you. You need to remember that.” — R.L. Griffin
88. “A best friend is the only one that walks into your life when the world has walked out.” ― Shannon l. Alder
89. “Everyone needs a support system, be it family, friends, coworkers, therapists, or religious leaders. We cannot live alone and expect to keep mentally, emotionally, and spiritually healthy. Everyone needs some sort of support system on which to rely.” ― Richelle E. Goodrich
90. “Choose to focus your time, energy and conversation around people who inspire you, support you and help you to grow you into your happiest, strongest, wisest self.” ― Karen Salmansohn
Ride or Die Quotes To Show Commitment
91. “When they are seen as a type, and not as individuals, they are easy for a fanatical mind to grasp and hate.” — Mercedes Lackey
92. “I never fear death or dying. I only fear never trying. I am whatever I am, only God can judge me now.” — Wiz Khalifa
93. “Don’t ever give up on something or someone that you can’t go a day without thinking about.” — Winston Churchill
94. “Thug Life to me is dead.” — Tupac Shakur
95. “One time, I was having a bad day, and I called Chris Colfer. He came over with a pint of ice cream and Madea Goes to Jail, and it was, like, the best night of my life.” — Lea Michele
96. “If your sister is in a tearing hurry to go out and cannot catch your eye, she’s wearing your best sweater.” — Pam Brown
97. “You will be my ride or die like Bonnie imma play the Clyde.” — Ace Hood
98. “I make sure everybody die, when we ride on your enemies.” — Tupac Shakur
99. “Never praise a sister to a sister in the hope of your compliments reaching the proper ears.” — Rudyard Kipling
100. “Same people that I fought for. That I fight for, that I ride for. That I live for, that I die for. Be the reason that these ni…s are alive for.” — Jay-Z
Ride or Die Quotes for Unbreakable Bonds
101. “I’ll ride with you, and I’ll die with you.” ― George Washington
102. “When you’re in the foxhole and you’re scared, you want somebody next to you who has your back, and that’s what the ride or die mentality is all about.” ― LL Cool J
103. “When you’re riding with the devil, you better hold on tight and be prepared to die.” ― Tupac Shakur
104. “I’ll be riding with you, no matter what happens.” ― J.K. Rowling
105. “I would rather die with you, than live without you.” ― William Shakespeare
106. “I’m a ride or die kind of person, and I’ll stand by my friends no matter what.” ― Taylor Swift
107. “I may not be there to hold your hand, but I’ll be riding beside you every step of the way.” ― Oprah Winfrey
108. “I will ride with you, fight with you, die for you, and live for you.” ― Brad Pitt
109. “It’s not just about riding together, it’s about being willing to die for one another.” ― Denzel Washington.
110. “I’m going to be with you every step of the way. Ride or die, baby.” ― Selena Gomez
What makes a perfect ride or die?
What a ride or die shouldn’t be is someone who sticks around an unhealthy, toxic relationship.
If they aren’t treating you right, let go of them.
This goes for both friendships and romantic relationships.
A ride or die relationship should be healthy and mutually beneficial.
One of my ride or dies is my sister.
She’s always been there for me–whether as a shoulder to cry on or a sounding board to bounce off ideas.
We can tell each other anything and everything–which is vital.
She makes my life better; that’s why she’s my ride or die.
Which of these ride or die quotes and sayings is your favorite?
Let us know your thoughts in the comments!