Looking for thought-provoking John Lennon quotes?
There were so many to choose from, but here is a collection of some of our favorite John Lennon quotes!
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Our inspirational quotes category page has all of our motivational quotes for all the different areas of life.
John Lennon Quotes On Life and Music
1. Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. – John Lennon
2. Count your age by friends, not years. Count your life by smiles, not tears. – John Lennon
3. All we are saying is give peace a chance. – John Lennon
4. A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality. – John Lennon
5. As usual, there is a great woman behind every idiot. – John Lennon
6. The more I see, the less I know for sure. – John Lennon
Also check out our list of the best Beatles quotes that reach for a better world.
John Lennon quotes on love
7. Love is the flower you’ve got to let grow. – John Lennon
8. Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans. – John Lennon
9. Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted. – John Lennon
10. Part of me suspects that I’m a loser, and the other part of me thinks I’m God Almighty. – John Lennon
11. If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there’d be peace. – John Lennon
12. Love is the answer, and you know that for sure; Love is a flower, you’ve got to let it grow. – John Lennon
13. You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one. I hope someday you’ll join us. And the world will live as one. – John Lennon
John Lennon quotes on being who you are
14. You don’t need anybody to tell you who you are or what you are. You are what you are! – John Lennon
15. I believe in God, but not as one thing, not as an old man in the sky. I believe that what people call God is something in all of us. I believe that what Jesus and Mohammed and Buddha and all the rest said was right. It’s just that the translations have gone wrong. – John Lennon
16. If being an egomaniac means I believe in what I do and in my art or music, then in that respect you can call me that… I believe in what I do, and I’ll say it. – John Lennon
17. My role in society, or any artist’s or poet’s role, is to try and express what we all feel.
Not to tell people how to feel.
Not as a preacher, not as a leader, but as a reflection of us all. – John Lennon
18. Love is like a precious plant.
You can’t just accept it and leave it in the cupboard or just think it’s going to get on by itself. You’ve got to keep on watering it.
You’ve got to really look after it and nurture it. – John Lennon
19. It matters not who you love, where you love, why you love, when you love or how you love, it matters only that you love. – John Lennon
20. We live in a world where we have to hide to make love, while violence is practiced in broad daylight. – John Lennon
21. When you do something noble and beautiful and nobody noticed, do not be sad. For the sun every morning is a beautiful spectacle and yet most of the audience still sleeps. – John Lennon
Don’t forget to also read these quotes from Johnny Cash on living a full life.
John Lennon quotes on peace and dreams
22. There are two basic motivating forces: fear and love. When we are afraid, we pull back from life.
When we are in love, we open to all that life has to offer with passion, excitement, and acceptance.
We need to learn to love ourselves first, in all our glory and our imperfections.
If we cannot love ourselves, we cannot fully open to our ability to love others or our potential to create.
Evolution and all hopes for a better world rest in the fearlessness and open-hearted vision of people who embrace life.
– John Lennon
23. I believe in everything until it’s disproved.
So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons.
It all exists, even if it’s in your mind.
Who’s to say that dreams and nightmares aren’t as real as the here and now?
– John Lennon
24. The thing the sixties did was to show us the possibilities and the responsibility that we all had.
It wasn’t the answer.
It just gave us a glimpse of the possibility. – John Lennon
25. It doesn’t matter how long my hair is or what colour my skin is or whether I’m a woman or a man. – John Lennon
You might also like our list of best world peace quotes that will give you hope for humanity.