Both humble and unconventional, these J. Cole quotes will show you the power of being your most authentic self while pursuing your dreams.
He has captivated listeners with his introspective verses that delve into the complexities of life, love, and social issues.
Jermaine Lamarr Cole, known to the world as simply J. Cole, is an American rapper, record producer, singer, and songwriter.
Tell us which quote is your favorite using the comment section below.
You may also enjoy our article on:
His words carry a weight that resonates deeply, provoking thought and challenging societal norms.
J. Cole is known for his attention to detail in production and lyricism, showcasing his commitment to creating impactful music that stands the test of time.
His combination of authenticity, storytelling prowess, and unwavering dedication to his artistry makes him a truly special figure in the realm of music.
What are the benefits of reading these J. Cole quotes?
These J. Cole quotes will:
- Remind you that you can achieve your dreams with perseverance and hard work
- Inspire you to help others who are less fortunate than you
- Give you a new perspective on life’s challenges
Born on January 28, 1985, on a military base in Germany, Cole released his debut album, Cole World: The Sideline Story, in 2011.
The album debuted at number 1 on the U.S. Billboard 200 and was certified platinum in the United States.
Since then, the Grammy-nominated rapper has released several more albums that have mostly received positive reviews from critics.
In April 2018, he released his fifth album, KOD, which debuted atop the Billboard 200 and has since been certified gold by the Recording Industry Association of America.
Besides music, J. Cole has also developed a non-profit organization called the Dreamville Foundation.
He also houses single mothers rent-free at his childhood home in North Carolina.
Cole has won a Grammy Award for Best Rap Song and a Billboard Music Award for Top Rap Album, among others.
Moreover, all five of his albums have been certified platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America.
Cole is also into sports and has previously written about his dream of pursuing a professional basketball career.
As someone who started from humble beginnings and worked hard to the top of his game, J. Cole has clearly tapped into his Everyday Power.
Here are some great J. Cole quotes and lyrics to inspire you to work towards your dreams.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
If you enjoy this collection, check out our inspirational quotes category page.
J. Cole quotes about life
1. “Catch me, I’ve fallen in love for the first time” – J. Cole, She’s Mine Pt 2
You will also enjoy our article on xxxtentacion quotes and lyrics.
2. “Time is short that’s what somebody told me” – J. Cole, Change
You will also enjoy our article on fire quotes.
3. “My heart is big, I want to give too much” – J. Cole, The Cut Off
You will also enjoy our article on betrayal quotes.
4. “Life is all about the evolution” – J. Cole, Change
You will also enjoy our article on liar quotes.
5. “And the strongest drug of them all – Love” – J.Cole, KOD
You will also enjoy our article on drug quotes.
6. “As we speak I’m at peace, no longer scared to die” – J. Cole, Change
You will also enjoy our article on gamer quotes.
7. “I sit in silence and find whenever I meditate” – J. Cole, Change
You will also enjoy our article on Chance the Rapper quotes and lyrics.
8. “My life is too crazy, no actor could play me” – J.Cole, KOD
You will also enjoy our article on Wu Tang quotes.
9. “But see I’m growing and getting stronger with every breath” – J. Cole, Change
You will also enjoy our article on Jay Z quotes.
10. “Time will tell who is on my side” – J. Cole, The Cut Off
You will also enjoy our article on Kevin Gates quotes and lyrics.
J. Cole quotes about love and relationships
11. “Every time you go to sleep you look like you in Heaven” – J.Cole, She’s Mine Pt 1
You will also enjoy our article on Mac Miller quotes.
12. “Life can bring much pain. There are many ways to deal with this pain. Choose wisely.” – J. Cole, Intro (KOD)
You will also enjoy our article on Lil Wayne quotes.
13. “Every loser gotta win and every winner gotta lose someday” – J. Cole, Deja Vu
You will also enjoy our article on Kid Cudi quotes and lyrics.
14. “Fell in love through photograph
I don’t even know your name” – J. Cole, Photograph
You will also enjoy our article on Nicki Minaj quotes.
15. “Love today’s gone digital
And it’s messing with my health” – J. Cole, Photograph
You will also enjoy our article on rap songs.
16. “Don’t wanna die, ’cause now you’re here
And I just wanna be right by your side” – J. Cole, She’s Mine Pt 2
17. “If I fell in love with you before I ever even knew
I catch your eye then look away as if it never happened” – J. Cole, Deja Vu
18. “You are now the reason that I fight
I ain’t never did nothing this right in my whole life” – J. Cole, She’s Mine Pt 2
19. “I know Heaven is a mind state, I’ve been a couple times” – J. Cole, The Cut Off
20. “I know that vengeance is the Lord’s and it’s not for me” – J. Cole, The Cut Off
If you’re enjoying this article, be sure to also check out these Tupac quotes on life, love, and being real.
J. Cole quotes on faith and spirituality
21. “You can dream but don’t neglect the execution” – J. Cole, Change
22. “I had to cut some people off ’cause they was using me” – J. Cole, The Cut Off
23. “How ’bout you listen and never forget?” – J.Cole, KOD
24. “What’s done in the dark will always find a way to shine” – J. Cole, Kevin’s Heart
25. “I know I’m blessed because yo’ stress is realer than anything I done been through” – J. Cole, Windows Pain
26. “I no longer bury demons, I be a vessel for the truth until I’m barely breathing, I’m singing” – J. Cole, Change
If you’re enjoying this article, make sure to also read these rap quotes and lyrics about life, love and success.
J. Cole quotes about life’s challenges
27. “I try to find employment even if it’s wiping toilets” – J. Cole, 4 Your Eyez Only
28. “But the only real change come from inside” – J. Cole, Change
29. “Feels so right to let things go” – J. Cole, FRIENDS
30. “My intuition is telling me there’ll be better days” – J. Cole, Change
Don’t also forget to check out our collection of Juice WRLD quotes and lyrics to remember him.
J. Cole quotes about achieving dreams and goals
31. “My fears alleviate, my tears evaporate
My faith don’t deviate, ideas don’t have a date” – J. Cole, Change
32. “I flip my misfortune and grow me a fortune” – J. Cole, ATM
33. “I put my hand to the sky, I sing
Grateful for the blessings you bring
Thank you for the ones I love
Forgive me for the times I was
Down and confused, I know
What I reap is what I will sow” – J. Cole, Windows Pain
34. “See I believe if God is real, He’d never judge a man
Because He knows us all and therefore He would understand
The ignorance that make a nigga take his brother life
The bitterness and pain that got him beating on his wife” – J. Cole, Change
35. “You coulda bought a crib with all that bread that you done blew
I know you think this type of revenue is never endin’
But I wanna take a minute just to tell you that ain’t true” – J. Cole, 1985
36. “You have no control over what somebody else feels about you, but you have 100 percent control over how you feel about yourself and how you feel about the people around you and how you handle life.” – J. Cole
37. “I’m searching and praying and hoping for something
I know I’m gon’ see it, I know that it’s coming” – J. Cole, For Whom the Bell Tolls
38. “If practice made perfect, I’m practice’s baby” –J.Cole, KOD
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Lil Baby quotes on wealth, music, and more.
J. Cole quotes to help you live your best life
39. “At the bottom of the hourglass
Lies sand that represents the past
In which all of my demons rest
I’m calling out for help” – J. Cole, Into (KOD)
40. “One thing about your demons they bound to catch up one day
I’d rather see you stand up and face them than run away” – J. Cole, FRIENDS
41. “I understand this message is not the coolest to say
But if you down to try it I know of a better way
Meditate” – J. Cole, FRIENDS
42. “Sometimes I think pain is just a lack of understanding
If we could only understand it all, would we feel no pain?
God must feel no pain” – J. Cole, Once an Addict
43. “I’m controlling my mind, the days are warm
The nights are cold, the lost is found, I’m found” – J. Cole, BRACKETS
If you’re enjoying this article, you might also like our compilation of some of the best Megan Thee Stallion quotes from interviews and songs.
44. “One thing about the men that’s controlling the pen
That write history, they always seem to white-out they sins” – J. Cole, BRACKETS
45. “Just because yo’ dick can spray semen, it don’t mean that you ready to let go of yo’ childish ways” – J. Cole, Windows Pain
46. “If the pressure get too much for me to take and I break
Play this tape for my daughter and let her know my life is on it” – J. Cole, 4 Your Eyez Only
47. “I was a fool, spent all my time ducking school, ducking cops
Ducking rules, hugging blocks that don’t love you” – J. Cole, 4 Your Eyez Only
Don’t forget to also read these song quotes from some of the biggest hits.
J. Cole quotes to inspire and teach
48. “I know that everything that glitters ain’t gold
I know the shit ain’t always good as it seems
But tell me till you get it how could you know?” – J. Cole, A Tale of Two Citiez
49. “One day y’all have to decide, who you gon’ be
A scary nigga or a nigga that’s gon’ rule like me” – J. Cole, Fire Squad
50. “Rejection makes you defensive
So you protect your pride with your reflexes
But life is a game with no reset on the end” – J. Cole, Hello
51. “What good is the bread if my niggas is broke?
What good is first class if my niggas can’t sit?” – J. Cole, Middle Child
52. “Everything grows, it’s destined to change” – J. Cole, Middle Child
53. “I studied the greats, I’m the greatest right now” – J. Cole, Middle Child
54. “This year gon’ be different, I set my intentions
I promise to slap all that hate out your voice”- J. Cole, Middle Child
55. “I wish that he had more guidance, for real
Too many niggas in cycle of jail” – J. Cole, Middle Child
56. “I feel like this: Whatever is in your path and in your heart, you need to do.”- J. Cole
You might also like these Nipsey Hussle quotes that will inspire you to live a purposeful life
Inspirational J. Cole quotes that will expand your mind
57. “Follow your heart. Don’t follow what you’ve been told you’re supposed to do.”- J. Cole
58. “It’s beauty in the struggle, ugliness in the success.”- J. Cole
59. “I had a lot of resistance, and not just to fame. I was always conscious of not changing.” – J. Cole
60. “Sometimes our dreams come true, sometimes our fears do too.”- J. Cole
61. “People congratulate me. I just tell them God is good.”- J. Cole
62. “We got dreams and we got the right to chase ‘em.” – J. Cole
63. “My life accelerated, but had to wait my turn. But then I redecorated, that means my tables turn.”- J. Cole
64. “Nothing lasts forever, but at least we’ve got these memories.”- J. Cole
65. “In a game full of liars it turns out that I’m the truth. Some say that rap’s alive. It turns out that I’m the proof.” – J. Cole
If you’re enjoying this article, you’ll also love our collection of Lil Peep quotes about love, life, and music.
Other J. Cole quotes to inspire and motivate you
66. “Anything’s possible, you gotta dream like you never seen obstacles.” – J. Cole
67. “The music becomes more pure and soulful when it’s true, and it has to be true these days with the way the internet works, and the way the game works, everyone wants authentic raps.” – J. Cole
68. “You keep falling victim ‘cause you’re insecure, and when I tell you you’re beautiful you can’t be sure.” – J. Cole
69. “I don’t live for the accolades. I’m more so about the music. Making it, and putting it out. Those are the two best feelings.” – J. Cole
70. “Anything I do, I do it well.” – J. Cole
71. “My fans love me for me, my beats, my rhymes.” – J. Cole
72. “If they don’t know your dreams, they can’t shoot them down.” – J. Cole
73. “There’s a story behind every person, a reason why they are the way they are. So, think about that before you judge someone.” – J. Cole
74. “Take a chance, because you never know how perfect something can turn out.” – J. Cole
75. “They say time is money but really, it’s not. If we ever go broke, time is all we got.” – J. Cole
76. “No such thing as life that’s better than yours.” – J. Cole
77. “No need to fix what God already put his paint brush on.” – J. Cole
78. “I want people to follow their dreams, yes… but I’m not interested in telling young black kids how to be rappers… I want to show them that there’s so many other paths you can take, besides a rapper or basketball player.”
– J. Cole
79. “As we grow up, we realize it becomes less important to have a ton of friends & more important to have real ones.” – J. Cole
80. “One thing you should know about me is I never play to lose, Always aim high and rarely obey the rules.” – J. Cole
Don’t forget to also check out these Kevin Gates quotes that will show you there’s so much more to his music than what you hear on those tracks.
More J. Cole quotes and lyrics
81. “The bad news is nothing lasts forever, the good news is nothing lasts forever.” – J. Cole
82. “Cause you a star—no, not the type that snort the white lines. I mean the type to light the nighttime.” – J. Cole
83. “The thing about being an artist today is you get to develop right in front of people’s eyes before you even put out an album.” – J. Cole
84. “I put a lot of pressure on myself. I think something’s not good enough, and I won’t stop until I feel like I’ve made it. I’m never satisfied.” – J Cole
85. “This is my canvas, imma paint it how I want to baby.” – J. Cole
86. “We ain’t picture perfect but we worth the pictures still.” – J. Cole
87. “I pay attention to lyrics and I know what rap fans care about. I try to write for the average listener and I’m conscious of the mainstream without selling out.” – J. Cole
88. “If I was to go to sleep before midnight, I would feel weird about myself, like I wasted a day. My most productive hours are between midnight and five.” – J. Cole
89. “You can’t reverse fame. You can lose all the money, but you’ll never lose people knowing you.” – J. Cole
100. “I’ve always been an underdog. I feel like I beat the odds.” – J. Cole
You might also like these XXXTentacion quotes to help weave through the darkness within.
J. Cole quotes about college and life
101. “I’m a super-duper over-analyzer. You mix that with self-doubt and pressure, and that’s never healthy.” — J. Cole
102. “My parents were divorced by the time I was even conscious – like, I don’t remember them ever being together.” — J. Cole
103. “I’m here to spread a message of hope. Follow your heart. Don’t follow what you’ve been told you’re supposed to do.” — J. Cole
104. “I do put a lot of God in my music, but not because I’m super religious. There are a lot of demons in my music, too. I acknowledge both.” — J. Cole
105. “College isn’t in everyone’s hearts. I am living proof, though, that school doesn’t mess up your plans. It gives you more experiences to write about.” — J. Cole
106. “I was a class clown. At 12, I was definitely clowning. I was making all the jokes. But I was smart, so the teachers didn’t know what to do with me.” — J. Cole
107. “My real dream is to have a whole, like, buy a whole piece of land. Imagine, like, a long driveway. Like, a cul de sac-type street, with maybe, like, seven houses.” — J. Cole
108. “Me be right here. Have my mom be able to be right here. My brother over here. My girl’s grandmother and family right here. Friends over there. That’s my real dream.” — J. Cole
109. “I’m half-black, half-white, so I basically put it like this: I can fit in anywhere. That’s why I write so many stories from so many different perspectives, because I’ve seen so many.” — J. Cole
110. “I always feel like it’s two key ingredients when it comes to following your dreams, making something happen that the average person deems difficult. If you truly believe it, that’s step one. Step two, is, you know, the hard work that goes along with it.” — J. Cole
Must-read J. Cole quotes
111. “I still wanna rap better than everybody else, and I wanna say important things.” — J. Cole
112. “It’s no coincidence that all the greatest rappers – whoever you put in your top five – I guarantee you they are great storytellers.” — J. Cole
113. “College had a great deal to do with my development as a person. I don’t know if I’d be the artist I was if it wasn’t for goin’ to school like that. School is a good place – it ain’t for everybody, but I think it’s for most people.” — J. Cole
114. “I have a little bit of that gamer spirit in me. I just don’t have the time to be a gamer. But in another life, I would be one.” — J. Cole
115. “I struggled with being a broke college graduate, and while all my friends were getting career jobs, I was working horrible part-time jobs. That’s why now, even when I get tired, I think, ‘This is what I asked for.” — J. Cole
116. “I’m not gonna be bad at anything, and I want to actually be the best at anything I’m doing. So if I’m playing basketball, if I’m taking the SATs, like, there’s a competitive spirit behind it. With production, it’s the same thing.” — J. Cole
117. “No rapper in the world from Jay-Z to Tupac to Biggie has 100 percent love on everything they do.” — J. Cole
118. “Life is a movie, pick your own role, climb your own ladder or you dig your own hole.” — J. Cole
119. “The same ones you love will bring you pain.” — J. Cole
120. “In this life ain’t no happy endings. Only pure beginnings followed by years of sinning and fake repentance.” — J. Cole
J. Cole quotes that will make your day
121. “I feel like I am officially in the game, but I also feel like I’m not where I want to be. I’m far from it. I got a lot more things to do. I got a lot more respect to get…” – J. Cole
122. “Am I about dollars or about change? Am I about knowledge or brains? Freedom or big chains? They don’t feel my pain.” – J. Cole
123. “Never give up until you’ve given out all your very best. It’s better to fail trying than wondering what could have happened if you tried.” – J. Cole
124. “You can lose all the money, but you’ll never lose people knowing you.” – J. Cole
125. “Keep grindin’ boy, your life can change in one year. And even when it’s dark out, the sun is shining somewhere.” – J. Cole
126. “You are perfect exactly as you are. With all your flaws and problems, there’s no need to change anything. All you need to change is the thought that you aren’t good enough.” – J. Cole
127. “The further I go, I still feel equally further from my eventual goal. Because as I grow, I get more goals. I’m never content.” – J. Cole
128. “Don’t let bridges you cross be bridges you burn.” – J. Cole
129. “Promise to my momma I’mma make it to the top, so I’mma keep climbing ‘til my heartbeat drop.” – J. Cole
J Cole Quotes To Set Your Targets High
130. “When you’re a rapper—just a rapper—you have to kind of settle for whatever comes your way. If a beat is hot, you wanna rap on it, period.” — J.Cole
131. “If you ain’t aim too high, then you aim too low!” — J.Cole
132. “But the only real change comes from inside.” — J.Cole
133. “A little jealousy in a relationship is healthy. It’s always nice to know someone is afraid to lose you.” — J.Cole
134. “Producing all my own songs and refusing to go to the hot producer. That’s the biggest risk I’ve taken so far.” — J.Cole
135. “I swear I walk with God, but the Devil keeps following.” — J.Cole
136. “For a few minutes, you made me feel as if I actually meant something to someone.” — J.Cole
137. “Hard to move on when you always regret one.” — J.Cole
138. “If you place your importance on appreciation and love, that’s enough.” — J.Cole
139. “I walk along this long harbor of life and sit on the piers, reflect on my pain, and shit on my fears.” — J.Cole
What’s your favorite J. Cole quote?
J. Cole is widely popular for his incredibly inspiring lyrics.
He started from humble beginnings, but his hard work has seen him rise to the top.
And despite achieving all this success, he remains one of the most real rappers in the game.
Hopefully, these J. Cole quotes and lyrics have inspired you to work towards your dreams and live your best life.
Did you enjoy these J. Cole quotes?
Which of the quotes was your favorite?
We would love to hear all about it in the comment section below.
Also, feel free to share with your friends and social media followers.