A place for us to feel welcomed and safe, these home quotes will remind you just how sacred that special place is.
A home plays a vital role in human life.
Home is the place where we keep our families, where we feel safe, and where we enjoy complete freedom.
Tell us something that reminds you of home in the comment section below.
You may also enjoy our article on:
What are the benefits of reading these home quotes?
If you have a happy family, there’s no place like home for complete comfort and peace of mind.
A good home helps:
- maintain proper health and well-being
- provide relaxation and a safe space
- protect us from the harsh environment
And when we are tired after work or other activities, it’s home that we run to for rest and relief from stress.
For many people, the home is a loving, peaceful, and supportive environment in which to grow up and discover oneself.
The home is not only a place to create our life narratives and understand our place in the world.
It’s also an important link through which we connect with others and the universe at large.
For better or worse, there’s no place like home.
Here’s our collection of inspirational, beautiful, uplifting home quotes, home sayings, and home proverbs collected from various sources over the years.
Check out these apartment quotes for finding your way home.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Our inspirational quote category page has even more inspirational and educational quotes.
Home Quotes To Make You Appreciate Where You Lay Your Head
1. “Home, the spot of earth supremely blest, A dearer, sweeter spot than all the rest.” – Robert Montgomery
You will also enjoy our article on beauty quotes.
2. “Home is a shelter from storms – all sorts of storms.” – William J. Bennett
You will also enjoy our article on stay at home mom quotes.
3. “The light is what guides you home, the warmth is what keeps you there.” – Ellie Rodriguez
You will also enjoy our article on organization quotes.
4. “The ache for home lives in all of us, the safe place where we can go as we are and not be questioned.” – Maya Angelou
You will also enjoy our article on parents quotes and sayings.
5. “The strength of a nation derives from the integrity of the home.” – Confucius
You will also enjoy our article on family quotes and sayings.
6. “Home sweet home. This is the place to find happiness. If one doesn’t find it here, one doesn’t find it anywhere.” – M. K. Soni
You will also enjoy our article on Sunday quotes.
7. “Mid pleasures and palaces though we may roam, Be it ever so humble, there’s no place like home.” – John Howard Payne
You will also enjoy our article on welcome quotes.
8. “Let your home be your mast and not your anchor.” – Kahlil Gibran
You will also enjoy our article on wizard of oz quotes.
9. “A comfortable house is a great source of happiness. It ranks immediately after health and a good conscience.” – Sydney Smith
You will also enjoy our article on cleaning quotes.
10. “Home is where the heart can laugh without shyness. Home is where the heart’s tears can dry at their own pace.” – Vernon Baker
You might also like these fence quotes compiled for fence lovers.
Home quotes that will remind you there’s no place like it
11. “I think that when you invite people to your home, you invite them to yourself.” – Oprah Winfrey
You will also enjoy our article on quotes about new beginning.
12. “There is a magic in that little world, home; it is a mystic circle that surrounds comforts and virtues never known beyond its hallowed limits.” – Robert Southey
You will also enjoy our article on lighthouse quotes.
13. “Where we love is home, home that our feet may leave, but not our hearts.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes
You will also enjoy our article on kitchen quotes.
14. “Home is where one starts from.” — T. S. Eliot
You will also enjoy our article on domestic violence quotes.
15. “If you know you’re going home, the journey is never too hard.” – Angela Wood
You will also enjoy our article on humble quotes.
16. “Charity begins at home, and justice begins next door.” – Charles Dickens
You will also enjoy our article on rare inspirational quotes.
17. “No matter under what circumstances you leave it, home does not cease to be home. No matter how you lived there-well or poorly.” – Joseph Brodsky
You will also enjoy our article on Maya Angelou quotes.
18. “Home interprets heaven. Home is heaven for beginners.” – Charles Henry Parkhurst
You will also enjoy our article on free spirit quotes.
19. “My home… It is my retreat and resting place from wars, I try to keep this corner as a haven against the tempest outside, as I do another corner in my soul.” – Michel de Montaigne
You will also enjoy our article on vacation quotes.
20. “Home is where you can say anything you please, because nobody pays any attention to you anyway.” – Joe Moore
Also, read these insightful blended family quotes to share with your loved ones.
Home quotes to celebrate our favorite place
21. “There is nothing like staying at home for real comfort.” – Jane Austen
You will also enjoy our article on anchor quotes.
22. “When I go home, its an easy way to be grounded. You learn to realize what truly matters.” – Tony Stewart
You will also enjoy our article on good vibe quotes.
23. “A house is not a home unless it contains food and fire for the mind as well as the body.” ― Benjamin Franklin
You will also enjoy our article on leo quotes.
24. “There’s no place like home.” – L. Frank Baum
You will also enjoy our article on unique quotes.
25. “You can never go home again, but the truth is you can never leave home, so it’s all right.” – Maya Angelou
You will also enjoy our article on safety quotes.
26. “Peace like charity begins at home.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
27. “Home is the most popular, and will be the most enduring of all earthly establishments.” – Channing Pollock
28. “No matter who you are or where you are, instinct tells you to go home.” – Laura Marney
29. “Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to take you in.” – Robert Frost
30. “As corny as it sounds, to me, home is where the heart is…. So moving houses is just another way in which I get to experience life.” – Ellen DeGeneres
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of bathroom quotes for lavatory lovers.
Home quotes that will enrich your day
31. “People usually are the happiest at home.” – William Shakespeare
32. “I believe that all of our lives we’re looking for home and if we’re really lucky, we find it in someone’s loving arms. I think that’ what life is-coming home.” – Anita Krizzan
33. “If you go anywhere, even paradise, you will miss your home.” – Malala Yousafzai
34. “Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth, for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk beside the fire: it is the time for home.” ― Edith Sitwell
35. “Peace that was the other name for home.” – Kathleen Norris
36. “Coming home to my family afterward makes the work richer, easier and more fun.” – Edie Falco
37. “The sun at home warms better than the sun elsewhere.” – Albania Proverb
38. “Home isn’t where you’re from, it’s where you find light when all grows dark.” ― Pierce Brown
39. “Nothing is better than going home to family and eating good food and relaxing.” – Irina Shayk
40. “The magic thing about home is that it feels good to leave, and it feels even better to come back.” – Wendy Wunder
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of magic quotes about the power of the unseen.
Beautiful and inspirational quotes about home
41. “If you want to declutter your home, this simply means that you’re making an effort to have a simpler house.” – Beth Jones
42. “People who have good relationships at home are more effective in the marketplace.” – Zig Ziglar
43. “There is no place more delightful than one’s own fireside.” – Cicero
44. “Home the blessed word, which opens to the human heart the most perfect glimpse of Heaven, and helps to carry it thither, as on an angel’s wings.” – Lyda M. Child
45. “Good food and a warm kitchen are what make a house a home.” – Racheal Ray
46. “A home should be a stockade, a refuge from the flaming arrows of anxiety, tension and worry.” – Wilfred Peterson
47. “There’s nothing half so pleasant as coming home again.” – Margaret Elizabeth Sangster
48. “They created a home where I felt safe. I could make mistakes. Failure wasn’t punished.” – Sarah Williams
49. “One may make their house a palace of sham, or they can make it a home, a refuge.” – Mark Twain
50. “Home is wherever you leave everything you love and never question that it will be there when you return.” – Leo Christopher
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of hometown quotes celebrating hometown pride.
Beautiful home quotes
51. “Home is where you feel at home and are treated well.” – Dalai Lama
52. “The prospect of going home is very appealing.” – David Ginola
53. “No matter how big you are, when you go back home, your family treats you like a normal person.” – Ajith Kumar
54. “I want my home to be that kind of place—a place of sustenance, a place of invitation, a place of welcome.” – Mary DeMuth
55. “You can have more than one home. You can carry your roots with you and decide where they grow.” – Henning Mankell
56. “The power of finding beauty in the humblest things makes home happy and life lovely.” – Louisa May Alcott
57. “The home should be the treasure chest of living.” – Le Corbusier
58. “Every traveler has a home of his own, and he learns to appreciate it the more from his wandering.” – Charles Dickens
59. “Going home and spending time with your family and your real friends keeps you grounded.” – Jennifer Ellison
60. “For our home to be a refuge, it needs to be a place where love, compassion, and patience prevail.” – Allan Lokos
You might also like these homesick quotes to keep you calm and composed.
More home quotes and sayings
61. “Our homes should inspire us to go out into the world to do great things & then welcome us back for refreshment.” – Melissa Michaels
62. “Maybe that’s the best part of going away for a vacation – coming home again.”― Madeleine L’Engle
63. “Nothing can bring a real sense of security into the home except true love.” – Billy Graham
64. “You will fall in love with train rides, and sooner or later you will realize that nowhere seems like home anymore.”― Shinji Moon
65. “Home is anywhere that you know all your friends and all your enemies.”― Orson Scott Card
66. “Nature is not a place to visit. It is home.”― Gary Snyder
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of introvert quotes about surviving in an extroverted world.
67. “Home is an invention on which no one has yet improved.” – Ann Douglas
68. “People would rather live in homes regardless of their grayness. There is no place like home.”― Lyman Frank Baum
69. “I don’t care if we have our house, or a cliff ledge, or a cardboard box. Home is wherever we all are, together.”― James Patterson
70. “Home is everything you can walk to.”― Rebecca Solnit
Also, check out these inspirational quotes for kids to inspire and teach them.
Other inspirational home quotes
71. “Home’s where you go when you run out of homes.” – John le Carré
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of inspirational quotes that will brighten your day.
72. “Home is people. Not a place. If you go back there after the people are gone, then all you can see is what is not there anymore.” – Robin Hobb
73. “Home is the nicest word there is.” – Laura Ingalls Wilder
74. “A home filled with nothing but yourself. It’s heavy, that lightness. It’s crushing, that emptiness.” – Margaret Atwood
75. “Home is what you take with you, not what you leave behind.” – N.K. Jemisin
76. “Home is where my habits have a habitat.” – Fiona Apple
77. “Home was not a perfect place. But it was the only home they had, and they could hope to make it better.” – Dean Koontz
78. “A man travels the world over in search of what he needs and returns home to find it.” ― George Augustus Moore
79. “The ornament of a house is the friends who frequent it.”― Ralph Waldo Emerson
80. “Home isn’t a place, it’s a feeling.”― Cecelia Ahern
81. “The ultimate luxury is being able to relax and enjoy your home.” – Jeff Lincoln
82. “There is no comfort anywhere for anyone who dreads to go home.”― Laura Ingalls Wilder
83. “Home wasn’t a set house, or a single town on a map. It was wherever the people who loved you were whenever you were together.” — Sarah Dessen
84. “Home is any four walls that enclose the right person.” – Helen Rowland
85. “Home is where somebody notices when you are no longer there.” – Aleksandar Hemon
Thought-provoking home quotes
86. “Home is not where you live but where they understand you.” ― Christian Morgenstern
87. “If I see it in nature, I know it will work in a home.” – Miles Redd
88. “To be an ideal guest, stay at home.” – E.W. Howe
89. “Perhaps home is not a place but simply an irrevocable condition.” – James Baldwin
90. “Home is where we should feel secure and comfortable.” – Catherine Pulsifer
91. “Home is where you feel loved, appreciated, and safe.” – Tracey Taylor
92. “A house is made of brick and mortar, but home is made by the people who live there.” – M.K. Soni
93. “Home is everything you can walk to.” – Jerry Spinelli
94. “The home is the centre and circumference, the start and the finish, of most of our lives.” – Charlotte Perkins Gilman
95. “A good home must be made, not bought.” – Joyce Maynard
96. “What I love most about my home is who I share it with.” – Tad Carpenter
Home Quotes To Make You Feel Comfortable
97. “He is happiest, be he king or peasant, who finds peace in his home.” ― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
98. “My house feels like home when you’re there.” ― Susan Richards Shreve
99. “Your home is living space, not storage space.” ― Francine Jay
100. “I hate leaving home. I love what I do, but I’d love to go home every night.” ― Charlie Watts
101. “You haven’t really been anywhere until you’ve got back home.” ― Terry Pratchett
102. “When you’re safe at home, you wish you were having an adventure; when you’re having an adventure, you wish you were safe at home.” ― Thorton Wilder
103. “Let the wife make the husband glad to come home, and let him make her sorry to see him leave.” ― Martin Luther
104. “I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again, gratitude is always possible, and feeling good starts at home.” ― Emma Wright
105. “Better to have a messy home and happy children than a perfect yard and unhappy children.” ― Catharina Ingelman-Sundberg
106. “I long, as does every human being, to be at home wherever I find myself.” ― Maya Angelou
Sweet Home Quotes To Warm Your Heart
107. “Home isn’t a place. Home is the people who love you most, the people who will always love you, forever and ever, no matter what.” ― Jennifer Lynn Barnes
108. “Your home is your refuge.” — George Carlin
109. “Home is a place you grow up wanting to leave, and grow old wanting to get back to.” — John Ed Pearce
110. “Home should be an anchor, a port in a storm, a refuge, a happy place in which to dwell, a place where we are loved and where we can love.” — Elder Marvin J. Ashton
111. “Your home should be a place in which not only do your own dreams dwell but also those of others.” — Don Herold
112. “A home is something we carry inside us. Those who do not have a home inside them cannot build one, either from defiance or from stone.” — Ivan Klima
113.“Home is where there’s one to love us.” — Charles Swain
114. “Home pulls. It draws you back to tell you you don’t belong.” — Glen Duncan
115. “Home is where your family is. Wherever you are, it’s about the people you’re surrounded by, not necessarily where you lay your head.” — Jenji Kohan
116. “Home is like a bee-hive; there may be much toil, there must be much order, but there will always be a honeyed sweetness.” — Ebenezer Coloham Brewer
Home Quotes For Where You Would Rather Be
117. “Home along, home along, to the place where I would be!” ― Cicely Fox Smith
118. “Home was a refuge for me, a place I could truly relax.” ― Billy Graham
119. “Home, home, sweet, sweet home! There’s no place like home, oh, there’s no place like home!” ― John Howard Payne
120. “My home is in heaven. I’m just passing through this world.” ― Billy Graham
121. “Nobody’s home to offer a cup of coffee, nobody’s home to say goodbye.” ― Sonia Walker
122. “To light the poorest home; hearts warmer grow.” ― Louisa May Alcott
123. “Perhaps I am the turtle, able to live simply anywhere, even underwater for short periods, with my home on my back.” — Kurt Vonnegut
124. “There was nothing as pricelessly humanitarian; as home; sweet home.” ― Nikhil Parekh
125. “Thoughts of home and all its loved ones to the soldier’s heart would come.” ― Frances Ellen Watkins Harper
126. “Now, returned home after so many thousands of miles of road and ocean, all the hulls sailed in.” ― Robinson Jeffers
Home Quotes on the Meaning and Comfort of Home
127. “I say that home is where there is a chair and a glass.” ― Graham Greene
128. “Besides, you think I’m not used to hurting? For me, it’s home sweet home, my brother.” ― J.R. Ward
129. “There are two ways of getting home; and one of them is to stay there.” ― Gilbert K. Chesterton
130. “I’m lucky I’m in love with my best friend Lucky to have been where I have been Lucky to be coming home again.” ― Jason Mraz
131. “Traveling is all very well and good as long as you knew there is a place or person you can call home.” ― Jodi Picoult
132. “Home is a child’s first and most important classroom.” ― Hillary Clinton
133. “If I know the way home and am walking along it drunkenly, is it any less the right way because I am staggering from side to side!” ― Leo Tolstoy
134. “God’s extraordinary work is most often done by ordinary people in the seeming obscurity of a home and family.” ― Neal A. Maxwell
135. “I know that life is a doorway to eternity, and yet my heart so often gets lost in petty anxieties. It forgets the great way home that lies before it.” ― Sophie Scholl
136. “Cherish the people who make up your home, and you’ll notice the hearth fires burn brighter than ever before.” ― Thomas Kinkade
Home Quotes to Celebrate the Idea of Home
137. “A home that was envisioned to withstand the storms of the world is found flooded from within.” — Gregory Cicio
138. “Our lives speak loudly to those around us, especially the children in our home.” — Billy Graham
139. “She wants to go home, but nobody’s home. That’s why she lies, broken inside. With no place to go, no place to go, to dry her eyes, broken inside.” — Avril Lavigne
140. “The summer movies are coming out. My advice: just stay home and burn a good book.” — Stephen Colbert
141. “I must say one thing about southern down-home brewed coffee with chicory. If you have worms, you’ll never have them again.” — Clive Cussler
142. “The home environment can undo a lot you try to do at school.” — Ray Bradbury
143. “Home is where you will always have a place, where you will always feel loved, and you will never be alone.” — Janette Oke
144. “So when the blue smoke of brittle leaves was in the air and the wind blew the wet laundry stiff on the line I decided to come back home.” — F. Scott Fitzgerald
145. “I didn’t know about the rest of the class, but when Bastille Day eventually rolled around, I planned to stay home and clean my oven.” — David Sedaris
146. “Nothing Exposes our true self more than how we treat each other in the home.” — Joseph B. Wirthlin
Home Quotes to Embrace the Essence of Home
147. “That’s my sweetheart in there. Wherever she is, that’s where my home is.” — Nicholas Sparks
148. “I was gonna put him on the bus…I got tired of him talking, it was time for him to go home.” — Michael Lewis
149. “The greatest work we will ever do will be within the walls of our home.” — David O. McKay
150. “Any place I hang my head is home.” — Groucho Marx
151. “I am not afraid to keep on living. I am not afraid to walk this world alone. Honey if you stay you’ll be forgiven, nothing you can say will set me going home.” — Gerard Way
152. “When angels speak of love they tell us it is only by loving that we enter an earthly paradise. They tell us paradise is our home and love our true destiny.” — Bell Hooks
153. “It was not the brutality of what occurred next that changed my mind and brought home to me the full meaning of fear. It was the brilliance of it.” — Elizabeth Kostova
154. “The wages of sin is death but so is the salary of virtue, and at least the evil get to go home early on Fridays.” — Terry Pratchett
155. “I am this fiery snail crawling home.” — Charles Bukowski
156. “You have everything. A family, a great job, a lot of people who look up to you. You’ve got a place to go home to. So go.” — Jodi Picoult
Home Quotes to Capture Beauty and Comfort
157. “You were my home, Mother. I had no home but you.” ― Janet Fitch
158. “We will go far away, to nowhere, to conquer, to fertilize until we become tired. Then we will stop and there will be our home.” ― Dejan Stojanovic
159. “This is home and home is not something you remember, it is something you see every day and every moment.” ― Rick Bragg
160. “Home is where we tie one end of the thread of life.” ― Martin Buxbaum
161. “If my home is indeed a sanctuary, I want to treat everything I bring into it as sacred.” ― Robyn Griggs Lawrence
162. “Maybe home is nothing but two arms holding you tight when you’re at your worst.” ― Yara Bashraheel
163. “I used to think it was mere homesickness, then I started getting it at home.” ― John Lennon
164. “All of us need to be constantly reminded it takes a heap of living and loving to make a house a home.” ― Marvin J. Ashton
165. “Just rest and soon enough, you’ll be home.” I assured her as she slowly closed her eyes and the smile on her face faded.” ― Grace Fiorre
166.“Our home tells a story about us, so we may as well take the opportunity to make it a stylish one.” ― Deborah Needleman
Home Quotes to Discover Tranquility
167. “It’s not…not as easy to break away from home as I thought it’d be.” ― Marilyn Brant
168. “My home will never be a place, but a state of mind, which I find through my music.” ― Charlotte Eriksson
169. “A home is not a mere transient shelter: its essence lies in the personalities of the people who live in it.” ― H.L. Mencken
170. “I’ve learned through the years that it’s not where you live, it’s the people who surround you that make you feel at home.” ― J.B. McGee
171. “Home gives you something no other place can… your history. Home is where your history begins.” ― Billie Letts
172. “Home is the place that expects the most of you, but still welcomes you at your worst. And she has always been my home, my Merminia.” ― Emm Cole
173. “His voice was everything she equated with home.” ― Tracy Guzeman
174. “Deep inside her heart, I was feeling my home like a hay made nest.” ― M.F. Moonzajer
175. “Only where there is life can there be home.” ― Joyce Carol Oates
176. “Our house was open to anyone who needed a little extra support or comfort or just a home-cooked meal.” ― Nina Sankovitch
Which of these home quotes was your favorite?
For many of us, home means sanctuary, the place we can rest, relax, spend time with loved ones, learn, grow, and much more.
No matter what place you call home, you will always have a deep connection to it.
The place you call home usually holds a special place in your heart.
It not only reminds you of your deepest values and hopes, but it also inspires you to realize them.
Hopefully, the above quotes have reminded you that there’s no place quite like home.
Did you enjoy these home quotes and sayings?
Which of the quotes was your favorite?
Tell us in the comment section below.
We would love to hear all about it.