Embark on a journey of celebration with our empowering collection of happy birthday wishes and quotes!
These inspirational birthday wishes will remind you that an adventure filled year awaits!
They will also help write a birthday card filled with the perfect birthday message.
Whether you’re looking to infuse laughter with funny birthday messages, embrace the possibilities of an 18th birthday, or honor the tapestry of experiences that a 60th birthday brings, we’ve crafted exceptional birthday greetings.
It doesn’t matter whether you are looking for the words to say “Happy birthday Dad!” or “Happy birthday brother!”
Seize the day, honor the journey, and passionately celebrate your very special birthday!
Whether that means you eat cake, spend time with a family member, or enjoy a quiet day.
These perfect birthday messages come from many places
The arts have long inspired us to express our emotions; happy birthday wishes are no exception.
Use them to help wish your friends a wonderful birthday.
Let these masterpieces guide you in crafting the perfect birthday wish for your friend’s special day.
Crafting thoughtful and engaging happy birthday quotes can be an exercise in developing language skills, creativity, and emotional intelligence.
Learning to express feelings and emotions effectively through written words can improve your ability to connect with others and foster stronger relationships.
This list offers a range of happy birthday quotes to convey your birthday message and showcase your linguistic flair.
Happy Birthday Quotes and wishes
You may not be the only person to wish your friend well on their birthday, but you can do it the best!
- “Birthdays come but once a year, celebrate and be of good cheer.” – Robert Rivers
- “The way I see it, you should live everyday like it’s your birthday.” – Paris Hilton
- “The best birthdays of all are those that haven’t arrived yet.” – Robert Orbe
- “Grow old along with me! The best is yet to be.” — Robert Browning
- “True friends are like diamonds—bright, beautiful, valuable, and always in style.” — Nicole Richie
- “Count your age by friends, not years. Count your life by smiles, not tears.” — John Lennon
- “A happy birthday is measured not in the amount of gifts one gets, but in the amount one is loved.”― Todd Stocker
- “To keep the heart unwrinkled, to be hopeful, kindly, cheerful, reverent – that is to triumph over old age.” – Thomas Bailey Aldrich
- “I hope you celebrate your birthday every year no matter your age, for your life truly is a gift.” – Anthea Gillian Tripp
- “Our birthdays are feathers in the broad wing of time.” – Jean Paul Richter
Birthday greetings to celebrate good times
A thoughtful birthday gift usually accompanies a wonderful birthday!
If you didn’t grab your friend a birthday gift, you can still make their day special with these birthday messages.
Pick a birthday message to include in their birthday card!
- “Every birthday is a gift. Every day is a gift.” – Aretha Franklin
- “Just remember, once you’re over the hill, you begin to pick up speed.” – Charles Schulz
- “Every year on your birthday, you get a chance to start new.” – Sammy Hagar
- “A birthday is not a day to fear. It is a day to celebrate and look forward to the coming year.” – Byron Pulsifer
- “A birth date is a reminder to celebrate the life as well as to update the life.” – Amit Kalantri
- “Don’t just count your years, make your years count.” – George Meredith
- “To me a birthday means celebrating the presence of an individual in our lives.” – Meena Bajaj
- “You know you are getting old when the candles cost more than the cake.” – Bob Hope
- “All the world is a birthday cake, so take a piece, but not too much.” – George Harrison
- “The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age.” – Lucille Ball
Let the birthday fun begin with these quotes
What is more fun than a birthday party?
If you aren’t attending their party, send a birthday card at least!
- “We turn not older with years, but newer every day.” – Emily Dickinson
- “Birthdays come around every year, but friends like you only come once in a lifetime. I’m so glad you came into my life. Best wishes on your special day.”
- “I am grateful for your true friendship. Hope your birthday is amazing as you are my best friend!”
- “I promise that the more birthday candles you blow, the more I will be here for you to celebrate every special event in your life. Happy birthday!”
- “I hope your birthday is as sweet as the cake. And the year to follow is filled with as much joy as you bring your friends!”
- “Happy birthday my dear friend, may the bright colors paint your life and you be happy forever. Stay blessed.”
- “Another year, another challenge my friend. But, you need to always remember to keep smiling and have a positive outlook on life, and everything is going to be fine. Happy Birthday!”
- “To the best friend I have ever known, here’s wishing you a joy-filled birthday with memories for a lifetime, or just the day.”
- “When nothing goes right, I go to you. You’re my go-to person at every hour. Happy birthday.”
- “For many people, the word friend is just a sequence of letters. For me, it is a source of happiness and strength because of you. Happy Birthday, buddy!”
Make the birthday girl feel loved
These simple birthday wishes will mean a lot to the very special person in your life!
Think of ways to have more birthday fun, like a spa day or escape room.
- “Here is my birthday message for you: I am proud to be your best friend. May you have a happy and healthy belated birthday!”
- “Best wishes on your birthday! You deserve all the wonderful things in this world because you are the best person I know. I love you! Happy birthday!”
- “Every day you sparkle but today you rule! Have a fantastic birthday!”
- “If your birthday is half as amazing as you are, it’s going to be epic. Happy birthday to the best friend a person could ask for!”
- “Wishing my friend a beautiful day; hopes and dreams I’m sending your way. May all be good and all come true on this very special day! Happy birthday”
- “Having you as my friend is a privilege to me. Happy birthday. You are a precious gift.”
- “Never have I had such a friend. Happy birthday to you, and best wishes!”
- “The world is a bit brighter because of you. Happy Birthday, girl!”
- “We’ve shared so much, and I hope you know how much I appreciate you. I am grateful for this day and for all you do. Happy birthday!”
- “May this day bring you a lot of smiles, happiness, and birthday blessings. Wishing you a great and grand birthday!”
- “I have nothing else to say to you today but happy birthday!”
Brilliant birthday wishes for a great friend
Be the only person who writes them an inspiring message in their birthday card.
These birthday blessings will remind the wonderful person in your life to enjoy their day.
- “Congrats on another trip around the sun! I hope you eat cake, make memories, and have fun.”
- “A special friend like you deserves all the wonderful blessings today and every day! Happy birthday! May all your birthday wishes come true.”
- “Wishing my friend a beautiful day. Hopes and dreams I’m sending your way. May all be good and your birthday wishes come true today.”
- “Great friends are like presents. You are always happy to see them. Happy birthday to the best present that life has given me.”
- “On your Birthday, I wish you to have the courage to live at least one more dream, fulfill one more wish and make one more person’s life beautiful.”
- “I hope your birthday is as special as you are, friend.”
- “Good friends are worth holding onto. Thank you for holding my hand each day. Happy birthday, best friend!”
- “It is hard to believe so many years have already passed. I am glad we’ve been friends for so long. Happy Birthday to the best!”
- “Birthdays are a special occasion celebrating your entry into this wonderful world. Enjoy your special day and rejoice in the gift of life, family, and friends. Enjoy your birthday party!”
- “You are so loved today and every day. Happy Birthday!”
Birthday sayings and wishes for a wonderful person
Some of these simple birthday wishes might be used to wish someone a happy belated birthday.
Trust us; you are not the only person this happens to!
- “I hope this birthday was filled with lots of happy hours and you have many more very happy birthdays to come. Happy belated birthday.”
- “Let’s light the candles and celebrate this special day of your life. Happy birthday.”
- “On your birthday may your spirit be enriched in light, love, and hope for a prosperous year ahead.”
- “Wishing my friend a very happy birthday and you don’t need to speak it out loud that I’m your best friend too. Love you dear.”
- “On your special day, I wish you good luck. I hope this wonderful day will fill up your heart with joy and blessings.”
- “Soon, you’re going to start a new year of your life, and I hope this coming year will bring every success you deserve. Happy birthday.”
- “Another birthday means your life journey is incomplete, may your path be paved with success and guided by love. Best wishes, my friend.”
- “Thinking of you on your birthday and wishing you all the best! I hope it is as fantastic as you are!”
- “I hope that your birthday was as much fun as you are, but that sets a very high standard.”
- “They say you lose your memory as you grow older. I say forget about the past and live life to the fullest today. Be sure to eat cake. Happy birthday.”
We hope you have an amazing birthday
Put these in a birthday card or the perfect birthday text!
- “A birthday is like a new year, and my wish for you is a great year full of happiness and sunshine!” – Catherine Pulsifer
- “May beauty and happiness surround you not only on your special day but always. My best birthday wishes!”
- “Let your all your dreams be on fire and light your birthday candles with that. Have a gorgeous birthday.”
- “If I could gift you anything, I would gift you the ability to see yourself through the eyes of others. Happy birthday, darling.”
- “May your birthday be full of happy hours and special moments to remember for a long time!”
- “Today is the oldest you have been, and the youngest you will ever be. Make the most of it!” – Nicky Gumbel
- “May the dream that means most to you, start coming true this year. Happy birthday!”
- “My warmest wishes and my deepest love on your birthday and forever! Happy birthday, Mom!”
- “Today you are another year older, and we know how fast time flys as we get older, therefore, live each day and be happy!” – Kate Summers
- “Wishing you the greatest birthday ever, full of love and joy from the moment you open your eyes in the morning until you sleep for the night.”
- “Today you have added another candle of knowledge and wisdom to your life. May it give you the power to enlighten the whole world. On your birthday, I wish you joy and happiness.” – Debasish Mridha
Happy birthday wishes to make them laugh
These funny birthday wishes are perfect for the birthday guy!
- “Happy birthday to one of my dearest friends who has always been by my side! Your friendship keeps me strong and moving up in life!”
- “You’ve always been great at sharing and caring. On this birthday, may you be blessed tenfold with the love that you have given unselfishly to others.”
- “I didn’t know what a true friend was until I met you. You truly have saved me in every way a person can be saved…..Happy birthday!”
- “Thinking of you and wishing you all the best on your special day.”
- “When a man has a birthday, he takes a day off. When a woman has a birthday, she takes at least three years off.” – Joan Rivers
- “This world is so much better because you’re in it. Happy birthday!”
- “The older you get the better you get, unless you are a banana.” – Betty White
- “When the candles on your cake burn down before they are all lit you know you are getting up there.” – Catherine Pulsifer
- “Aging seems to be the only available way to live a long life.” – Kitty Collins
- “May your birthday be as pleasant and awesome as you always are.” ― Debasish Mridha
Remind your wonderful friend of a few things on their special day
First, age is just a number, and people age like fine wine… sometimes!
Second, a fantastic birthday is at their fingertips!
- “Happy birthday to a person that’s charming, talented, and witty, and reminds me a lot of myself.”
- “May your birthday mark the beginning of a wonderful period of time in your life!”
- “Let us celebrate the occasion with wine and sweet words.” – Plautus
- “Life is partly what we make it, and partly what it is made by the friends we choose.” — Tennessee Williams
- “They may forget what you said, but they will never forget how you made them feel.” — Carl W. Buechner
- “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched — they must be felt with the heart.” — Helen Keller
- “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.” — Dumbledore
- “A friend is one with whom I share happiness, but a best friend is one with whom I can share grief, too. Happy birthday to my best friend!”
- “To the world you may be just one person, but to one person you may be the world.” — Dr. Seuss
- “I can’t wait to celebrate with you tonight — happy birthday, Mom!”
Want to wish someone all the joy on their special birthday?
Whether you want funny birthday wishes or heartfelt happy birthday messages, these birthday messages are perfect.
- “Your birthday is a beautiful occasion all by itself. However, it’s a special day for me to thank God for all that your friendship has meant to me.”
- “Conquer the world one birthday cake, perfect gift, and birthday wish at a time. Happy birthday!”
- “You are a gift to both myself and everyone around you. Thank you for all that you do. Hope you feel a world of love shining down on you today! Happy birthday, Dad!”
- “Hey old friend, or should I say older friend? Happy birthday.”
- “Today is the time of celebration; I hope you have a beautiful day with loads of love and surprises. May your birthday give you the best memories till the next one, may you have success waiting ahead.”
- “Happy Birthday to one friend I couldn’t live without!”
- “Thank you for all the laughs, silliness, and adventures we’ve shared. Couldn’t ask for a better friend. Have the best birthday yet!”
- “From good friends and true, from old friends and new, may good luck go with you and happiness, too!”
- “May every glowing candle on your birthday cake become a birthday wish that will come true. Wishing you a great birthday!”
Best friend birthday quotes for a special someone
Still stumped on what birthday wishes to put in that birthday card?
- “There are so many things about our friendship that I love. Your birthday will be the perfect time to celebrate you today and all that our friendship means to me.”
- “You are about to have another year of pure awesomeness. Happy birthday.”
- “Words can hardly describe the love, joy and happiness you bring to my life. Wishing you all that and more on your special day!”
- “Your birthday outshines the other 364 days. Happy birthday!”
- “We’ve shared so many birthdays together, and each next year just gets better than the last. Cheers to friends forever!”
- “The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “You might have a few more gray hairs and feel like an old lady, but that is ok! I am so happy to celebrate another birthday with my best friend!”
- “Today, you are not just a year older but have become a little wiser also. Wishing you a very happy birthday.”
- “Hope life is absolutely spoiling you with love and happiness. May this next year be the year your birthday wish comes true!”
- “I hope today will be your best birthday yet. Keep smiling and happy birthday!”
Happy birthday quotes that will brighten their day
- “Happy birthday to my best friend! We are such a great team: I am smart, good-looking, and talented, and you are great at being my friend!”
- “Happy Birthday, brother! Have I ever told you you’re awesome? No? Well, you’re awesome. Seriously awesome. And now you know I think you’re awesome. (Like really awesome!)”
- “I am so thankful and happy that we are best friends. Enjoy your birthday, and happy birthday wishes to my best friend!”
- “Happy Birthday. You’re the kind of friend who makes every day worth celebrating!”
- “You understand me like nobody else. I have a sibling in you, my friend. Happy birthday to my best friend!”
- “Everyone should be lucky enough to have an awesome friend like you. Go all out and celebrate. Happy Birthday!”
- “Thanks for another year of being an awesome friend. Happy birthday, dear friend!”
- “Happy Birthday! You’re the kind of friend who can light up everyone’s day with a smile. Wishing you a wonderful year ahead.”
- “Every step of the way you were there for me. Through thick and thin I’ll always be there for you. Happy birthday wishes!”
- “May your celebration be memorable and may the year ahead be brighter than ever. Happy Birthday!”
Happy birthday wishes to make them smile
Remind your loved one to have a wonderful day using someone else’s birthday wishes!
- “How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are?” – Satchel Paige
- “Birthdays are nature’s way of telling us to eat more cake.” – Edward Morykwas
- “A diplomat is a man who always remembers a woman’s birthday but never remembers her age.” – Robert Frost
- “We have to be able to grow up. Our wrinkles are our medals of the passage of life. They are what we have been through and who we want to be.” – Lauren Hutton
- “A friend never defends a husband who gets his wife and electric skillet for her birthday.” – Erma Bombeck
- “We are always the same age inside.” – Gertrude Stein
- “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” – Les Brown
- “My policy on cake is pro having it and pro-eating it.” – Boris Johnson
- “There is still no cure for the common birthday.” – John Glenn
Here’s to hoping we stay forever young
Happy birthday, no matter how old you are!
- “There are two great days in a person’s life – the day we are born and the day we discover why.” – William Barclay
- “When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.” – Cherokee Expression
- “Happy Birthday. May each and every moment of your special day be filled with the same joy and happiness you bring to others.”
- “Happy birthday to my best friend. I hope it is filled with awesomeness!”
- “A birthday is the anniversary of your birth. It’s the time most of us reflect over the past year and what we hope for in the coming year.” – Claudia T. Hudson
- “Birthdays, birthdays, birthdays – – everybody’s got one. Most kids wish they had more. Older people wish they had fewer and find them a bore.” – Sally Huss
- “Today is the time to tell you I have forgotten when you became my family member. Happy birthday, my dearest friend!”
- “Happiest birthday to my best friend. You deserve all the wonderful things that you have right now. You are the purest soul, and you have the biggest heart. I love you.”
- “May the joy that you have spread in the past come back to you on this day. Wishing you a very happy birthday!”
Beautiful happy birthday wishes and quotes for a friend
- “Sending you smiles for every moment of your special day…Have a wonderful time and a very happy birthday!”
- “You are a person who always deserves the best and obviously nothing less. Wish your birthday celebration will be as fantastic as you are. Happy birthday.”
- “Happy birthday to my special friend, I hope you have a wonderful day and year to come!”
- “I got a feeling that you’ll look really good when you get older. So don’t feel bad about how you look now. Happy birthday!”
- “Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been.” – Mark Twain
- “Happy birthday to you. From good friends and true, from old friends and new, may good luck go with you and happiness too!”
- “No matter what life throws at us, I will always have your back. Happy birthday!”
- “You bring light and love into my life. Happy birthday!”
- “There’s no better day to celebrate with you. Happy birthday, friend.”
- “Happy birthday! You’re not old; you’re vintage!”
Special happy birthday quotes and wishes
- “Thank you for the years of cake and ice cream. Today is your turn! Cheers to another trip around the sun.”
- “Wishing you the best birthday yet!”
- “Cheers to another trip around the sun! Keep shining.”
- “Happy birthday to the best confidante!”
- “Let the cake games begin! Happy birthday!”
- “May your birthday be filled with happiness, blessings, and plenty of cake!”
- “I’m praying for all your birthday wishes to come true today! You deserve it.”
- “Happy birthday to my very special best friend! May God continue to bless your path this year.”
- “I’m so happy that we’re in each other’s lives. Happy birthday!”
- “Wishing you the best birthday of all time!”
- “You are very special and that’s why you need to float with lots of smiles on your lovely face. Happy birthday.”
Amazing Birthday Quotes to Celebrate Friendship
- “That’s the funny thing about birthdays, they’re kind of an annual thing.” — Rapunzel
- “Nature gives you the face you have at 20, but it’s up to you to merit the face you have at 50.” — Coco Chanel
- “Today you are you! That is truer than true! There is no one alive who is you-er than you!” — Dr. Seuss
- “With mirth and laughter, let old wrinkles come.” — William Shakespeare
- “Nice to be here? At my age, it’s nice to be anywhere.” — George Burns
- “All the world is birthday cake, so take a piece, but not too much.” — George Harrison
- “Live long and prosper.” — Spock
- “Old age is like everything else. To make a success of it, you’ve got to start young.” — Fred Astaire
- “Why, God, Why? We had a deal! Let the others grow old, not me!” — Joey Tribbiani
- “Youth is a gift of nature, but age is a work of art.” — Stanislaw Lec
Family members need love on their birthday, too
- “God gave us the gift of life; it is up to us to give ourselves the gift of living well.” — Voltaire
- “Today is the oldest you’ve ever been and the youngest you’ll ever be again.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” — Albert Einstein
- “Let us never know what old age is. Let us know the happiness time brings, not count the years.” — Ausonius
- “The important thing to you is not how many years in your life, but how much life in your years!” — Edward J. Stieglitz
- “Age is a matter of feeling, not of year.” — George William Curtis
- “It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “You are only young once, but you can be immature for a lifetime.” — John Grier
- “You don’t get older, you get better.” — Shirley Bassey
- “Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional.” — Chili Davis
Which of these happy birthday quotes was your favorite?
True friends are important in life.
Best friends make life more meaningful and are always there for us no matter what.
Although finding the perfect words to say to your best friend on their special day can be hard.
We hope the above happy birthday quotes and sayings have given you something to choose from.
If you missed your friend’s birthday, use these on their next birthday (and keep a look out for the Facebook reminder.)
Did you enjoy these wonderful birthday quotes?
Which of the quotes was your favorite?
We would love to hear all about it in the comment section below.