Falling in love with your partner daily is essential to a healthy relationship.
We’ve seen it all around us—good love that’s gone bad.
Couples lying in bed on their phones with nothing to say until “good night, sweet dreams” before the light gets turned off.
You might also enjoy these related articles:
As the divorce rate climbs, it can be very easy for people to get cynical about true love.
This doesn’t have to happen, though.
It’s just as possible for you to fall deeply in love with your partner and keep it that way.
How to think about falling (and staying) in love
Think of love as a garden.
It needs constant:
- pruning where necessary
Love isn’t a passive thing that just exists in a vacuum.
It requires active work by both partners to thrive.
This post will look into ways to help you repeatedly fall in love with your partner.
Falling in Love with Your Partner All Over Again
1. Take them back to old haunts.
New places to explore are great, but you will keep the love alive by visiting old haunts together.
All the memories you made there will come flooding back all at once, bringing you closer together.
Just the same, you could also make plenty of new memories there.
2. Do activities together.
Have you ever heard the saying that the couple that plays together stays together?
There’s scientific evidence to prove that couples who engage in novel activities stay together longer.
3. Tell them you love them.
Early in the relationship, when the love is fresh, it’s very common to hear that four-letter word spoken repeatedly.
But when the relationship carries on, it sometimes becomes rare to hear that magical three-word phrase.
This helps in falling in love again, and it’s never too much if you mean it.
Along with communicating your love with your partner, it’s also very important to communicate.
You’d think this would be a no-brainer, but this gets ignored just like telling them you love them does.
A couple that doesn’t communicate well has a high risk of breaking up.
It’s best to nip this problem in the bud.
If you need help communicating, seek a marriage or relationship counselor.
They will identify the problem in the communication in your relationship and figure out ways to get it unblocked.
Don’t forget to start the conversation with a compliment.
It sets the mood perfectly for you and your partner.
Communication is much easier to establish with this small gesture.
5. Keep your eyes on the prize.
Identify the reasons you’re doing all this.
Why are you looking for ways to fall in love with your partner again?
Is it just to placate your partner until you can return to your comfortable (yet damaging) routine?
Or are you just as committed to seeing this through and ensuring the relationship has a happy ending?
Love is NOT a one-way street.
It’s something that has to be nurtured again and again in little un-sexy ways that might remind you of manual labor.
It’s easy to get complacent.
But you have to fight this complacency demon if you want to have your dream relationship.
6. Write a letter about falling in love with them.
With this always-connected, never-off society of ours, it can become all too common to resort to SMS to show how you feel for your partner.
Writing them a letter is just as easy and yet means a lot more.
You can tell them exactly how you feel and what they mean to you in a way that shows you put time into it.
Bonus points if you use wax to seal the envelope.
7. Surprise them with a gift.
Who doesn’t enjoy getting an impromptu present out of the blue?
If no one dislikes this, then they will really love it if their partner does the same.
Your partner might initially be wary, wondering why you gave them a present.
But if you develop trust in the relationship, it should help you both fall in love again.
8. Plan a trip.
This almost goes into the give-a-gift category, but it involves planning an excursion and following through on it.
Your partner will love the thought.
And depending on where you’re going, this could deepen your love even more.
It really is the thought that counts.
9. Avoid falling out of love
You can keep falling in love with your partner—every day.
You will reap more positive benefits from your relationships with some work and effort.
While this list isn’t exhaustive, it should get you on your way toward deepening the love in your relationship.
Best Quotes For Falling in Love All Over Again to Have a Peaceful Relationship
10. “Happiness is holding someone in your arms and knowing you hold the whole world.” — Orhan Pamuk
11. “Can I go where you go?/Can we always be this close forever and ever?” — Taylor Swift
12. “Let me tell you, my friend, I will be in the honeymoon phase until I leave this planet.” — Aaron Paul
13. “I watch them, other girls, when they come and bug you/But I felt like I knew you, so I just wanted to hug you.” — Ariana Grande
14. “Slowly now we begin to move/Every breath I’m deeper into you.” — Madonna
15. “My mom always used to say, ‘You can’t say I love you before you can say I.’ And I think that sort of makes sense.” — Mindy Kaling
16. “Be honest, brutally honest. That is what’s going to maintain relationships.” — Lauryn Hill
17. “Love is the absence of judgment.” — The 14th Dalai Lama
18. “Learn to be quiet enough to hear the genuine in yourself, so that you can hear it in others.” — Marian Wright Edelman
19. “Love is an endless act of forgiveness. Forgiveness is me giving up the right to hurt you for hurting me.“ — Beyoncé
How have you stayed in love with your partner?
What other tips do you have for repeatedly falling in love with your partner?
Let us know in the comment section below.
One tip I learned 20 years ago when I married was to go to bed simultaneously.
We have always done it, which has served us well!
If you found these tips helpful, please share this article with your friends on social media!