Alzheimer’s quotes are proven to be beneficial in spreading awareness regarding this disease.
Alzheimer’s is a disease that affects your memory, thinking, and behavior pattern.
Alzheimer’s quotes highlight the research about Alzheimer’s so that people can benefit from it.
These quotes show the importance of health and promote measures to avoid getting Alzheimer’s disease.
Tell us which Alzheimer’s quote most resonated with you in the comment section below
What are the benefits of reading these Alzheimer’s quotes?
These quotes also tell about the experience of Alzheimer’s disease patients (mostly elderly people) and their problems.
The following are the major symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Memory loss
- Poor judgment
- Trouble in handling tasks
- Difficulty in solving problems
- Loss of spontaneity
So if any of your family members is suffering from this disease, here are some ways to prevent it.
Ways to prevent Alzheimer’s disease
Prevention is better than cure, so you should prevent Alzheimer’s disease.
Alzheimer’s disease can be prevented by adopting the following measures.
Do regular exercise
Include regular exercise in your daily routine to help you prevent the onset of Alzheimer’s disease.
Research shows that regular exercise can reduce Alzheimer’s disease incidence by up to 50 percent.
Exercise is also proven beneficial for patients suffering from Alzheimer’s disease in its early stages.
A healthy brain is present in a healthy body, so concentrate on your body’s fitness levels.
Be socially active
As a human being, you can’t live in social isolation because humans are social animals.
You can’t survive alone as it will create so many mental problems, and you can become ill.
Staying socially active can reduce the probability of developing Alzheimer’s disease.
You don’t need to become a social butterfly but engage in social groups, gatherings, and clubs to keep your mind busy.
Take healthy diet
Eating a healthy diet is very much essential for remaining healthy and preventing Alzheimer’s disease symptoms.
Remove sugar and excess carbohydrates from your diet, as elevated glucose level in the brain is a major cause of developing Alzheimer’s disease.
Include omega-3 fatty acids as they give brain cells nutrition for a good and healthy brain.
Also, eat fruits and vegetables because they are rich in vitamins and help in proper brain function.
Get quality sleep
Sleep has a deep link with the onset of Alzheimer’s disease, according to medical studies.
Sleep helps to remove toxins and keeps your brain in proper function.
If you compromise your sleep quality, you are increasing your risk of getting Alzheimer’s disease.
Consult your doctor if you are facing problems related to sleep.
You will also enjoy our article on lupus quotes.
Top 10 Alzheimer’s quotes
Here are the top Alzheimer’s quotes to read and share.
1. “I’m hoping I don’t get Alzheimer’s.” — Sean Lock
2. “Alzheimer’s caregivers are heroes.” — Leeza Gibbons
3. “Alzheimer’s is such an insidious disease.” — Jim Nantz
4. “I think Alzheimer’s is an important cause.” — Kimberly Guilfoyle
5. “I don’t have Alzheimer’s. I have part-timers.” — Glen Campbell
6. “Being on a sitcom stops me from getting Alzheimer’s.” — Jerry Stiller
7. “I think I’m getting a little bit of Alzheimer’s. Just a little.” — Christopher Walken
8. “I don’t know a great deal about Alzheimer’s – just what it does.” — Valerie Harper
9. “We hope we can slow or possibly reverse the symptoms of Alzheimer’s.” — Gregory Benford
10. “Alzheimer’s is a devastating disease that affects many of our loved ones.” — Mike Parson
Check out our collection of dementia quotes if you enjoy this article.
Alzheimer’s quotes to provide awareness
The following quotes are a source of spreading awareness regarding Alzheimer’s disease onset.
11. “Everyone’s dream is to take a pill – take a pill every day so you won’t have Alzheimer’s.” — Paul Allen
12. “Even slight elevations in blood sugar have been shown to increase the risk of Alzheimer’s disease.” — David Perlmutter
13. “People’s genes can say a great deal about their health. There are genes that reveal an increased likelihood of getting cancer, heart disease, or Alzheimer’s.” — Adam Cohen
14. “I think the earlier stages of Alzheimer’s are the hardest. Particularly because the person knows that they are losing awareness. They’re aware that they’re losing awareness, and you see them struggling.” — Patti Davis
15. “You get the health benefits of coffee up through about the first twenty-four ounces. It’s the biggest source of antioxidants for Americans, and we think it helps prevent Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s as well.” — Mehmet Oz
16. “Cholesterol – which you get from eating too much of the wrong kind of fat – doesn’t just help clog arteries in the brain, it may also help to seed the amyloid plaques that riddle the brain tissue of Alzheimer’s victims.” — Michael Greger
17. “Dementia is often regarded as an embarrassing condition that should be hushed up and not spoken about. But I feel passionately that more needs to be done to raise awareness, which is why I became an ambassador for the Alzheimer’s Society.” — Kevin Whately
18. “In addition to relieving patient suffering, research is needed to help reduce the enormous economic and social burdens posed by chronic diseases such as osteoporosis, arthritis, diabetes, Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s diseases, cancer, heart disease, and stroke.” — Ike Skelton
19. “One of the great changes wrought by the increased public awareness of Alzheimer’s – and thank you, Nancy Reagan, you wonderful tough old dame, you – is that people in the early stages of the disease are now speaking out while they still have the capacity to do so.” — Charlie Pierce
20. “You don’t just wake up one day with dementia or Alzheimer’s; these conditions are developmental. Even when a problem triggers the need to collect data, it’s reviewed by a specialist and filed away. There’s no central repository allowing information to be shared across a multitude of researchers worldwide.” — Tan Le
You will also enjoy our article on multiple sclerosis quotes.
Alzheimer’s quotes related to treatment
The below quotes give information about treatment and research related to Alzheimer’s disease.
21. “As a physician, I treated hundreds of patients who needed long-term care, including ones with Alzheimer’s.” — Charles Boustany
22. “I know three people who have got better after a brain tumour. I haven’t heard of anyone who’s got better from Alzheimer’s.” — Terry Pratchett
23. “In my clinical practice, the one diagnosis I always dreaded giving was Alzheimer’s. Billions have been spent on research, but there’s still neither a cure nor an effective treatment.” — Michael Greger
24. “The ultimate goal is to have a pill that can prevent or reverse all diseases of aging. The major diseases that I’d like to tackle are heart disease, diabetes, Alzheimer’s, and cancer. I want to reduce those diseases by 10 percent.” — David Andrew Sinclair
25. “New drugs and surgical techniques offer promise in the fight against cancer, Alzheimer’s, tuberculosis, AIDS, and a host of other life-threatening diseases. Animal research has been, and continues to be, fundamental to advancements in medicine.” — Daniel Akaka
26. “Laura Bush went on national television during the week of my father’s funeral and spoke out against embryonic stem cell research, pointing out that where Alzheimer’s is concerned, we don’t have proof that stem-cell treatment would be effective.” — Patti Davis
27. “Technology challenges us to look at our human values. We can try to use technology to cure Parkinson’s or Alzheimer’s, which would be a blessing, but that blessing is not a reason to move from artificial brain enhancement to artificial intimacy.” — Sherry Turkle
28. “In a prime-time address, President Bush said he backed limited federal funding for stem cell research. That’s right, the President said, this is a quote, the research could help cure brain diseases like Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, and whatever it is I have.” — Conan O’Brien
29. “Alzheimer’s is a disease for which there is no effective treatment whatsoever. To be clear, there is no pharmaceutical agent, no magic pill that a doctor can prescribe that will have any significant effect on the progressive downhill course of this disease.” — David Perlmutter
30. “Why give chemotherapy or even antibiotics to people with end-stage Alzheimer’s disease? Keep them pain-free and clean, love them but don’t automatically try to get the last technology-produced breath from them. Start a preschool program instead or do something about the atrocious state of obesity in our children.” — Richard Lamm
Alzheimer’s quotes about the nature of disease
These quotes give information about the nature of Alzheimer’s disease.
31. “My mother had Alzheimer’s, and it’s a desperately, desperately cruel thing to witness.” — Gemma Jones
32. “Some genetic variants can be informative about one’s risk for Parkinson’s disease and Alzheimer’s disease.” — Anne Wojcicki
33. “Most Alzheimer’s sufferers aren’t diagnosed until their 70s. However, we now know that their brains began deteriorating long before that.” — Michael Greger
34. “Alzheimer’s is a devastating disease. It was painful for me and my family to watch my grandfather deteriorate. We must find a cure for this horrible disease.” — David Hyde Pierce
35. “There is a version of Alzheimer’s which is early onset Alzheimer’s. And it’s – it’s horrible because people do get it in their 50s and 60s. And it’s terrible.” — Patti Davis
36. “I became demented overnight. Sudden onset is one factor that distinguishes my form of dementia from the more common form associated with Alzheimer’s disease.” — Floyd Skloot
37. “Each form of Alzheimer’s disease should perturb different brain networks and so influence the concentration of different proteins that can be measured in the blood.” — Leroy Hood
38. “I loved my husband very much, and it was heartbreaking to have him develop Alzheimer’s disease and to stand by and watch him decline in his ability to take care of himself.” — Sandra Day O’Connor
39. “The fact that I have a risk genetically for Alzheimer’s and blindness is not great news. But the reality is that any one of us will have dozens of these risks, and what we have to learn is how to deal with them.” — Craig Venter
40. “My lab looks at the ability of stress hormones to kill brain cells, and basically we are trying to understand on a molecular level how a neuron dies after a stroke, a seizure, Alzheimer’s, brain aging, and what these stress hormones do to make it worse.” — Robert Sapolsky
Some more Alzheimer’s quotes
Following are some more Alzheimer’s quotes for you to read and share.
41. “Charlton Heston announced again today that he is suffering from Alzheimer’s.” — Liz Smith
42. “I am particularly interested in Alzheimer’s disease and have been for some time now.” — John O’Keefe
43. “My father passed away due to Alzheimer’s disease, and many things I do are nods to him.” — Jim Nantz
44. “I think the best thing I ever did with my life was stand up and say I’ve got Alzheimer’s.” — Terry Pratchett
45. “I lost my mother, who suffered from Alzheimer’s disease, and we had to relocate my dad after 58 years in the family home. That was tough.” — Doug Davidson
46. “Ronald Reagan’s well documented final battles with Alzheimer’s disease were fought with the same conviction and courage that his many public battles were fought.” — William L. Jenkins
47. “In 1989, my father died after a prolonged struggle with Alzheimer’s disease. All four of his siblings followed him into the shadow lands of that fascinating, maddening affliction.” — Charlie Pierce
48. “I landed a job at HBO, working for two years on the ‘The Alzheimer’s Project,’ which aired in May 2009. I was fortunate to work with a great mentor, producer John Hoffman, and the amazing doc filmmaker Susan Froemke.” — Matthew Heineman
49. “There’s no such thing as ageing gracefully. I don’t meet people who want to get Alzheimer’s disease, or who want to get cancer or arthritis or any of the other things that afflict the elderly. Ageing is bad for you, and we better just actually accept that.” — Aubrey de Grey
50. “When people say, ‘You have Alzheimer’s,’ you have no idea what Alzheimer’s is. You know it’s not good. You know there’s no light at the end of the tunnel. That’s the only way you can go. But you really don’t know anything about it. And you don’t know what to expect.” — Nancy Reagan
Which Alzheimer’s quote you found most interesting & share-worthy?
After going through the above Alzheimer’s quotes, you will surely get more about Alzheimer’s disease onset, prevention, and treatment.
You should follow the above-mentioned ways to prevent Alzheimer’s disease to lead a healthier life.
Also, spread awareness about Alzheimer’s disease with these interesting and knowledgeable quotes.
Last, don’t forget to share with us Alzheimer’s quotes you found most interesting and share-worthy.